Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung upgrade program.

(Topic created on: 02-08-2023 11:50 PM)
RobCeuppens
Apprentice
Options
I've just upgraded my Fold 3 to the Fold 5 using the upgrade program. I tried to do the upgrade last year but Klarna issues stopped me. So I've had the phone 2 years and the final payment comes out on Saturday 5th August, £350 ish. That's the same day that the new fold 5 is being delivered funnily enough. 
As part of the upgrade I'm supposed to send my Fold 3 back but this Saturday I'll have paid the final payment with Klarna, they sent an email reminding me of the DD so it looks like it is still happening despite the upgrade, so it will be completely paid off. Will Samsung still expect it back? I don't see why I should send it in for free when I've bought the whole phone. It makes sense when you upgrade after 12 months as I've done before, but surely I shouldn't have to send it back once I've made all the payments on it. 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The Samsung Upgrade Programme has a particular set of agreements to fulfil.

From https://www.samsung.com/uk/shop-faq/payment-and-financing/what-is-samsung-upgrade-programme/ 

" 

How it works

You pay 10% of the phone’s price upfront, followed by 23 equal monthly instalments, equivalent to 70% of the phone’s price split into 23 payments, and then a 24th final instalment, equivalent to 20% of the phone’s price. You keep the phone.

Alternatively, if after 24 months you don’t want to keep the phone, you can return the phone and upgrade. Alternatively, subject to the minimum return conditions detailed in paragraph 5 of the Samsung Upgrade Programme terms and conditions (under “Existing Handset Requirements”), we can purchase the phone from you (with the payment from us for the device taking the form of Samsung settling the final instalment on your credit agreement). You can also choose to return your phone and upgrade to the latest Galaxy phone after 12 months, and have a 4-month window to upgrade. If you do not upgrade in the 4-month window, i.e. between the 12th and 16th month, you then have to wait until month 24 to upgrade. "

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Sambee1998
Journeyman
Options
If you do send the phone back they'll refund you the difference when they receive it back normally. I've had this happen when I've been charged an extra monthly payment before - it gets refunded once they process this.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Thanks that is an important piece of information

You can also choose to return your phone and upgrade to the latest Galaxy phone after 12 months, and have a 4-month window to upgrade. If you do not upgrade in the 4-month window, i.e. between the 12th and 16th month, you then have to wait until month 24 to upgrade. "

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes