Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung upgrade program declined by klarna

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 09:49 AM)
garcea
Pioneer
Options
Hello so i am trying to upgrade note 20 ultra to fold 3,even if im not happy they discontinued note 21.As soon as i get to payment klarna declining the transaction even after having account with them,never missed payments and credit score 980+.
I contacted klarna and samsung and none of them know whats wrong and why this happens.
Anyone has this problem? seems like im stuck now

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
ad4m_b
Journeyman
Options

I just tried using edge instead of chrome and it worked..... thanks!

0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options

Glad you got it sorted!

I've been keeping an eye on hard searches - only 1 showing for me from yesterday despite several attempts. Were loads to show up (and I doubt this in my case given the first showed up within 10 mins) I've seen a thread saying someone sucessfully contested them and got them removed - but yeah, definately one to keep an eye on!

garcea
Pioneer
Options
hi thanks for reply but unfortunately that was my 2nd attempt with samsung internet and still same..i will give it a try with edge in a few days
0 Likes
mss1641
Student
Options
Exactly same issue for me, I have perfect credit score, and upgraded for last 3 years, I've complained to Samsung, not hopeful 😒
0 Likes
garcea
Pioneer
Options
they said it's klarna so they can't do anything to help..
0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options

Klarna are aware of an issue, from live chat:

"I am aware of a problem associated with the Samsung upgrade which was giving the same error message as I can see you have received, which is 'fraud verification'. Can I ask if the shipping address you were attempting to deliver to was the same as your billing address as we were told this was causing the issue?"

Get in touch with them and point this out - they do a hard search that lasts for 90 days (no multiples) so any re-trying will bear the same result.

0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options

Ok - so my order has now gone through. Klarna said that having discepencies between capitalisation in address can mean it fails. We're talking "London" vs "LONDON" what an absolute joke! But that's the only thing I changed and it's now worked...

0 Likes
garcea
Pioneer
Options
thanks,tried again and klarna declined,i will pay for the phone and keep my fold 2 so samsung lost a client and maybe move to iphone next
0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options
It's a right pain I know. For me, I had to log into klarna and Experian, made sure my klamra address matched Experian exactly, then order and put shipping address to match. It's so silly, I had to put town block caps and remove my county. Their systems are archaic
0 Likes
garcea
Pioneer
Options
samsung confirmed they won't take the note back so i have to pay and keep it so decided to try one more time and it finally worked with edge browser
0 Likes