Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 ultra Refurbished Check

(Topic created on: 11-05-2022 01:42 PM)
Members_VP5v9eb
First Poster
Options

Hi to all I ordered an S22 ultra 512GB from Samsung online store. 

after the phone come I did a refurbishment check using the app "phone Info plus" and it says the :

It looks like is a refurbished one.

WARNING: manufacturing date does not match with the Serial Number.

I returned the phone to Samsung and they send me a new one that has the same thing.

The IMEI sent by Samsung by email matches the one in the box and the one in the phone.

If anyone can help me, how to check if the phone is refurbished or not ,is there another method??

i had been using  Samsung phones since Note 3. and I didn't had any problem of this kind.

this is the firs time i bought the Phone from Samsung online shop

12 REPLIES 12
sumsusng
First Poster
Options

I had same experience.

I bought s22 ultra dual 512- as new, I unboxed it.

did the same check on same app- it said exactly what u wrote- refurbished. Doesn't match serial number

Went back to dealer- made big drama- dealer specifically asked to  bring for me the box never been opened.

I got new boxed, original seal , everything- I myself unlocked the phone for the first time and even Samsung confirmed that, as they can see and verify it through serial number.

I did the check again- oops - says refurbished - phone is manufactured on 14.07- to ridiculous to assume this phone is refurbished.

Than I looked at app- its been updated last on 2020- seriously ?!

I have old Samsung tab from 2018- on same app it showed- original, brand new. 

So I believe its the app.

The both devices I bought pass all the other tests, yet only this app shows refurbished.

I tested two brand new s22 ultra.

So I believe  both phones I tested where brand new.its just app.

0 Likes
sumsusng
First Poster
Options

I tested two brand new Samsung s22 ultra on that app- One I returned immodestly , because App was showing refurbished, demanded new device- shop gave me new- unboxed sealed, not activated. tested on app- says refurbished- phone is manufactured on 14.07 - like month ago.what are the chances its refurbished.

So defiantly its just app, not the phone.

If the box and phone looks legit, than its brand new phone.

0 Likes
Members_5jatQye
First Poster
Options

I don't know this post is still live, but I am replying anyway :

This app no longer works after 2021, because samsung serial numbers use the same year code in their serial numbers between 2021 and 2001, between 2022 and 2002, 2023 and 2003, etc... Since this app has not been updated, it will compare the production date of 2022 to the year code in the serial number (which it thinks is 2002) and give the message that they do not match and the phone is refurbished. 

0 Likes