Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing but hassle

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 08:30 AM)
Autokrator
Explorer
Options

First of all, I pre-ordered my S22 Ultra in February and for some reason had to wait until April for it to be delivered. When it eventually arrived in April I was so busy with various things that I didn't even take it out of the box for over 2 weeks. When I finally turned it on, it said my phone would be locked in 72 hours, as I had traded in my Note10+ but obviously hadn't had the chance to send it in yet. However, when I woke up the following morning the phone was locked.

As advised, I contacted the Samsung trade-in department to try to get this sorted. They told me they have passed my message on to Samsung but now about a week later I still haven't heard from them. I sent them another message to ask when I can expect a response, and they just told me to wait for Samsung to reply as the trade-in department cannot do anything about it.

So I still can't use my new phone that I paid over a thousand pounds for, and still have no idea if or when that is going to change.

I regret ever having bought the phone in the first place now due to all of the hassle it has caused me. And the fact that I am still waiting to hear back from them is just adding to my frustration.

I will never buy another Samsung product in my life.

6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunate situation you have and must be very frustrating.
Unfortunately the terms of trading in are that the old device gets sent within a specified period.
Sounds like unfortunately that period ran out hence your situation.
Customer support services will help, but it can take a while.
This is something that is happening more often with other manufacturers as well, so a similar situation with them can arise.
I normally recommend sending the old phone as soon as possible, or contact customer support as early as you can if you are not able to send the old phone in.
I'm not sure if they can do anything, but if you have a Samsung Experience Store near you. It's worth popping in and seeing if they can help out as some have the abilities to do repairs and technical support.
Autokrator
Explorer
Options
Yeah, I take responsibility for the fact that I am late sending in my current phone, but it's still very frustrating to be locked out of my new phone which I paid a lot of money for and still can't use - especially after already having had to wait weeks after the release date to get it in the first place despite the fact I'd pre-ordered in early February. And I didn't complain.

They didn't even send me an e-mail to remind me or anything. They could have done that. And now they are not even responding to me. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for over a decade, but I can see why people complain about them.

I said I'd never own an iPhone in my life, but if I could swap this phone today for whatever the latest iPhone is, I would do it. Just had enough.

I will be going past a Samsung store later today so I'll pop in and talk to them, but I won't get my hopes up.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Must admit my dealings with Samsung trying to find out when my S22 Ultra in website exclusive colour was going to be delivered. Won't bore you with the details, but I wasn’t happy.
Think it's more the frustration that you don't get told anything but to just wait.
Really hope you can get this sorted ASAP.
It's a great phone and hopefully you get to enjoy it sooner rather than later.
DomP83
Explorer
Options

For what it's worth, I ordered in early Feb and have had 4 delays so far. My phone was meant to be delivered on 2nd May, and as of today it still isn't here, there has been no communication from Samsung, live chat isn't working and I have no idea when/if I'm going to get my phone. I have emailed them and notified I will be pursuing a claim through small claims court as I have waited in for multiple deliveries which haven't taken place, so fingers crossed they actually come back to me at some point but frankly I'm not holding my breath anymore as this has been a horrible experience and has totally ruined the anticipation I had for the handset.

Autokrator
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear that. I still haven't heard back from them either. I went to a Samsung store today just on the off chance they could help me get this sorted, but they said there's nothing they can do and told me to contact Samsung!

I don't even know if I can still send this phone back? I haven't used it other than to turn it on, then they locked it. No more Samsung for me and that's a shame as I've only ever owned Samsung phones.

DomP83
Explorer
Options

Well, just had an email that the phone that I pre-ordered is end of line and they've cancelled my order. I shall now be taking them to court. 

0 Likes