Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 return

(Topic created on: 27-08-2020 02:14 PM)
BB8U
Pioneer
Options

Hello, I am trying to return my note 20 ultra, I originally emailed Samsung to organise the pickup date but had no reply so I rang them up today and booked it to be picked up tomorrow which is great, however, I was told I need a returns label which I do not have and I have not got any email confirmation confirming this pickup for tomorrow. Can someone please let me know if this is normal (I am returning to Samsung UK as I bought the phone from their website). So is the returns label the same as the returns note and do I need to include that in the box when I send it off to them. Finally is it normal not to have email confirmation about the pickup date?
Many thanks

37 REPLIES 37
Leahno1_auntie
Apprentice
Options

Yes thanks 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BB8U 

Is there any way to tell which cooling system the phone has ?

Can you link to the page you've seen with this information on please.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BB8U
Pioneer
Options

@BandOfBrothers 
I think the only way to tell is when you get the phone and feel how hot it gets, if it feels like it is too hot then you probably have the graphite cooling, if it feels warm/normal then you have the copper.
Here are some links:
https://www.ifixit.com/News/43501/why-samsung-built-competing-cooling-systems-inside-the-note-20-and...
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2020/8/24/21399727/samsung-note-20-ultra-ifixit-teardowns-co...
https://www.cnet.com/news/ifixit-uncovers-several-different-note-20-cooling-systems/
Hope this hepls

BB8U
Pioneer
Options

I rang them at about 1pm, I have emailed them about cancelling the buds live offer claim but have had no reply so if they still send them it's up to them 😁 who knows maybe they will send them as an apology for  the trouble this has caused XD.

ads46
Pioneer
Options

Ahaha that would be a decent result i guess. My buds live came in the box with the order. Didn't have to claim them. But I should suspect they're expecting them back as they'll be linked to my order number haha. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you so much  @BB8U 

I'll certainly keep an eye on the phone.

When setting up the phone with my Samsung Cloud backups which took a good while the phone just went warm but when the back ups had ended and my apps finished downloading from the Playstore and updated followed closely by the new August update it went cool soon after.

I'm now going to take a look at those links.

Again thank you.  :smiling-face:

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BB8U
Pioneer
Options

Glad I could help, my phone was constantly warm when doing normal tasks but was never overheating when doing more demanding tasks like gaming so I guess I got the copper one. Anyways Glad I could help and I hope you enjoy the phone.

ads46
Pioneer
Options

Any luck with phone been picked up for return yet? Still waiting here. No indication of time either ha

0 Likes
BB8U
Pioneer
Options

Yeah, mine has been picked up, I had no email from them so had to ring up and they said it would be between 8am-5pm so it is probably the same for you. A lot better than I thought it would be, DPD gave me a tracking number so I can see where it is. Hopefully it gets there now and they don't lose it.

ads46
Pioneer
Options

Good to hear. I was expecting early in the morning to come but they didn't. I'm at work now but someone waiting in at home for them. So I hope they turn up haha. I had an email and tbf it did mention it could be any time during the day. 

Back on the trusty note 10 plus now, back to decent battery life even whilst it's re learning my patterns again haha.

0 Likes