Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone Came Locked from Samsung Needs PIN

(Topic created on: 06-12-2023 07:49 PM)
JohnSSC
Apprentice
Options

I just received a new S23 Ultra from Samsung yesterday. I went in and started setting up the phone, and then when I was about to put the SIM card in, I got a message that said the phone was locked as it had been reported lost or stolen. How can this happen? I signed for the shipment with FedEx. I have a trade-in that I will be sending to them, and I even have a payment plan in place. So There is no reason for this. Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? I have put in a ticket with Samsung, but I am not confident they will fix it. I don't want to send the device back as it is for my wife, and she loves the lavender color, which is hard to find.

If Samsung does fix it or whatever they suggest I do, I will update this thread when it happens.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Have you contacted Samsung to ask?

MB
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hi there

What website did you purchase the device from please?

If direct from Samsung, potentially they may be able to remove the lock if it is a security feature in your country.

Otherwise I would return it for replacement now whilst you have the opportunity.
0 Likes
JohnSSC
Apprentice
Options

From my post: "I have put in a ticket with Samsung, but I am not confident they will fix it."

0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Usually it's because you haven't sent the phone in time or defaulted on payments.

MB
0 Likes
JohnSSC
Apprentice
Options

I ordered it from Samsung.com the US site. I don't want to return it until I give them a chance to solve the issue.

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
The OP received the device yesterday so unless the OP stopped the payment then don't think that is the issue....
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Ok get you.

You are on the UK forum here
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try Below

Visit the Find My Mobile website findmymobile.samsung.com on a computer or another mobile device. Log in using the Samsung account credentials associated with the locked device. Step 2: Once logged in, select the locked Samsung device and click the "Unlock" option

The default pin samsung
Is zeros 0000
JohnSSC
Apprentice
Options

That was good advice, but since the phone isn't unlocked, I don't think I can register it. I looked at the link findmymobile.samsung.com, and it does not show up in my list of registered devices.

0 Likes