Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion in preorder confirmation e-mail

(Topic created on: 19-02-2022 01:08 PM)
grsbanks
Explorer
Options

Just hoping to get some clarification and confirmation here.

I preordered a Galaxy S22 Ultra in Graphite (online exclusive colour) two days after the "Unpacked" event. I got the e-mail confirming the order and the wording was as expected: "Your Galaxy S22 Ultra order has been received!" etc.

The photo embedded in the e-mail is also that of the S22 Ultra.

Upon closer inspection of the e-mail and the timeline of the order progress that appears just above the "...order has been received!" text, the second step is described as "Customizing your Galaxy Fold". Also, the subject of the e-mail I was sent is "Get ready for your Galaxy Fold!".

So I have to admit that I'm a little confused here. My instinct is telling me that someone simply forgot to update the model name in the template used for sending out these order confirmation e-mails, and I hope this is the case. I have no interest in a 2-generation-old Z-Fold given that I already own a Z-Fold 3, and I would like to avoid the hassle of sending an unwanted device back to Samsung.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

10 REPLIES 10
Monii
Pathfinder
Options
I have received same email...there are more people. I think it is just wrong subject...if you look into your email then it shows the correct product which you have ordered...so I would not worry
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Dont worry. Its a system glitch that has already been notified.
I got the same thing and posted about it

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/strange-order-confirmation-email-title/td-p/47...
0 Likes
grsbanks
Explorer
Options

Thanks both for your replies. Feeling much more confident that it is in fact an S22U that will show up next month :smiling-face:

Nizam_Ahmed
Pioneer
Options
Sky blue ordered. When do you suppose we get the devices?
0 Likes
Monii
Pathfinder
Options
I ordered sky blue as well. At the moment my delivery date shows 10th March
Snapper99
Voyager
Options
Had the same when I bought the daughters S21 Ultra back in early Dec.

Sadly DPD rocked up with a S21 instead of a fold 😪....
Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
Nizam_Ahmed
Pioneer
Options
How long did the custom colour take to arrive?
0 Likes
grsbanks
Explorer
Options

@Nizam_Ahmed at the top of your confirmation e-mail it says "If this message does not appear correctly, click here"

Do it. Then enter the order number that appears in your e-mail and the e-mail address you used to place the order, then click on the "search" button. You should see the item you ordered with its status (still "Processing" in my case) and a link saying "View here for more options". Click on that link and everything is revealed, including the delivery date.

0 Likes
Nizam_Ahmed
Pioneer
Options

Says 10th of march. 🥲

0 Likes