Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung warrenty is a scam

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 07:10 PM)
DPOHLE
Apprentice
Options

WOW My head hurts grasping this but after over a month of trying to figure out where my phone was and if it was repaired, countless call ins with only being told they have no idea they finally told me today they are sending my phone back unrepaired. A Z Flip that I bought and paid for in full from samsung directly. The screen stopped working and they said it was covered under warrenty. Now they say they cant read my IMIE number because the screen doesnt work so they wont fix it. So you sell me a phone Samsung and it. Breaks and you say you cant repair under warrenty because the screen doesnt turn on so you can get a number even though I bought the phone from you. How is this not a scam? Is that a new policy? You only fix phones that still work? 

11 REPLIES 11
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
You cant book the device for repair without the IMEI. They will also not keep a direct record of your IMEI, this is specific to your device and only your device. This is why its requested at the start of the repair process.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I would have thought proof of purchase would solve that issue. It has the imei number on the receipt. There would be no way to get the imei number from the phone until they fixed it. That's the point of having a receipt with the imei number on, incase your phone packs up and it's still under warranty.
DPOHLE
Apprentice
Options

I have the IMEI # on the box they also have it in the sale record, but your saying if they sell a defective phone that stops turning on it's ok to just screw over the consumer?? Its not much fault its defective equipment and wont turn on 

DPOHLE
Apprentice
Options

Right ! I still have the original box plus they can see it in there records

BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
So if you provide the proof of purchase why would they refuse the repair? As this contains your IMEI as mentioned by Fiona. They would only refuse to repair If its a non EU device or you refused a quote for repair. Also the engineers and the technical team would have no access to your sales history this is why you are provided with a receipt so you can provide this when a warranty claim is made.
0 Likes
DPOHLE
Apprentice
Options

You would think they would repair this is why I'm saying its ridiculous. I'm waiting for a call from a supervisor I have also filed a claim with the better business bureau. If they are that worried about it not being the phone then fix it so the screen will turn on then they will have the proof. Its beyond ridiculous. Also why would they have my phone for a month just to not repair it. Unless they want to waste time till the warrenty expires next month. They need to do what's right and just repair it.

0 Likes
DPOHLE
Apprentice
Options

They are just saying they cant turn it on to see the IMEI # so they wont repair

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Let's hope the supervisor helps you get this sorted. It's poor service and I agree, ridiculous.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You couldn't make this level of ineptitude up. That's the stupidest thing I've read on here to date, I hope you get it sorted somehow
0 Likes