Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need old gestures back after UI 6.1

(Topic created on: 29-03-2024 03:24 AM)
CeeCeeTop
Pioneer
Options
(Edit: I updated Navstar so now it is fixed. I have the old gestures back.)

I can't stress enough how much I dislike the new navigation gestures that were forced upon us with One UI 6.1. I very strongly dislike that Good Lock has no available update so that I can change it back to what I want it to be.

Friends on other forums write about an update to Good Lock that has permitted them to use the old gestures. Does it matter what country one is in?
26 REPLIES 26
Shah110
Journeyman
Options
Yes without any separate app
Shah110
Journeyman
Options
I'm glad that was helpful
UserNyan000
First Poster
Options

I updated my S23 today and apparently for some strange reason Samsung removed those amazing navigation gestures. Is there any option to get them somehow without 3rd party app? (note that I don't have Navstar or Good Lock available in my region)

Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @UserNyan000 

Merged your topic together with this one, please check previous answers in this thread and see if they can be helpful 😊

/Emmi
Tilzit
First Poster
Options

I have been using gestures instead of buttons on my phone since S9 days. They were perfect, simple to use. But, since I updated my S23 to OneUI 6.1, I had to revert back to buttons on bottom on screen which are much less usable. Using one button for both recent apps and home screen is pretty convoluted, it doesn't get what I want every time. But using side-swipe for going back is catastrophe, it barely works, is limited to small area on the side and doesn't work every time I swiped. Tried every sensitivity level and nothing improves it.

Maybe somebody loves new design and that is great. But perfectly usable old feature got replaced with something that is less usable, at least for some users, without any good reason. Old implementation was working great for years, why remove it completely, why not keep it as an option?

Macattacksnack
First Poster
Options

Genuinely sad about the gesture change. It's the basic functionality that I've used for the last 5+ years and it's totally broken. I swear, if Samsung insists on making galaxy phones into iphones, I'll just get an iphone.

My s23+ settings > display > navigation bar > more options only shows the sensitivity bar but nothing else 😭 I'm in US. Do I need the 3rd party app or did they fix it? I have no other updates available 

CeeCeeTop
Pioneer
Options
Have you looked in to the Good Lock app from Galaxy Store? In there is a solution through the module called Navstar.