Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the new Samsung Community - 2021!

(Topic created on: 26-01-2021 07:38 AM)
AntS
Options

Hi all!

So it's arrived/arriving! A new look to the Samsung Community! (As stated by Discover in our Community Newsroom: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/community-newsroom/new-community-interface/ba-p/2436406)

Along with the fresh look, posters of topics will now have the ability to add cover images for their topics on the discussion forums.

Community Newsroom articles at the moment appear as more a list... although we might have them set as tiles again. 🤔

In any case, we'd very much be interested in your feedback - on that, and the rest of the new design. Please post your thoughts on the new look, the features, and the usability.

Anything missing that you'd really like to be put back in, for example? Or any issues with things not working?

Let us know - and if possible - please post screenshots. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Bades1978 , @BandOfBrothers , @CrazyTom2k2 , @JAMES4578 , @John4Oh , @Leon24xxx , and @Pugs1957 - tagging in you guys as you use the Community the most and/or have been here almost as long as I have! 😄

24 REPLIES 24
Horse13
First Poster
Options
How do I cancel the Samsung community. I'm receiving 200+ emails a day which is very annoying. Ta.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Horse13 

An alternative to leaving the community can be to tweak your notifications settings in your Community preferences settings and subscription settings.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To me it looks cleaner both in mobile and desktop versions @AntS 

Do we have a spell Checker and quote post button? 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AntS 

I can't seem to see the tile for ' other smartphones  '  however I can see the board if I follow one of my older notifications to it.

Same on mobile and desktop view in portrait and landscape on my N20 Ultra.

Screenshot_20210125-193916_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210125-193924_Samsung Internet.jpgI get this by following one of my notifications.I get this by following one of my notifications.

Probably me looking at this wrong.

CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options

WOW! I love the new look!! Great work!! 😀

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS I think is certainly an appealing design,  the new UI  is more stylish  and effective, loads quicker.   Think I would prefer the Community Newsroom  articles as tiles mind you, the return of a spell checker might be a good idea.

Like @BandOfBrothers  I cannot see a tile for Other Smartphones at the moment.

Can be found by going to Menu Bar- Product-Smartphones-Other Smartphones ot via a search.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers guys! 😊:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Yes, no 'Other Smartphones' tile for me too. And no spellcheck either.

@BandOfBrothers , Quote function should be there on the web-browser version of Community.

When replying, click on the three dots on the right to expand the toolbar:

Screenshot 2021-01-26 093313.jpgScreenshot 2021-01-26 093331.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is what I see using my phone via the desktop view.

Screenshot_20210126-121032_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@BandOfBrothers , Cheers! I'm guessing Samsung Internet browser? (Just checked that on my S10, and it's the same for me on that as it is for you.)