Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expandable memory

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 07:20 PM)
Matt0rgill
Journeyman
Options
A question for all Samsung developers.

Will there ever be another handset with a micro SD slot for expanding the the memory of your smartphone? If there isn't I think its the biggest mistake Samsung have made. Personally I'm a note20 ultra user and seeing the latest handsets none with an SD slot is mind numbing. I certainly won't be spending my money until they do. 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Matt0rgill  It is not likely SD Card slots will return to the flagships.  The trend is to encourage Cloud storage and now bigger internal storage options are available, may be at too high a premium for some though. There is also the option to back up to computer/external hard drive.   Companies can also fit in more components, whilst some diehard fans not as popular nowadays and the fact remains that is not the fastest Technology. 

see some threads here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/how-do-you-cope-with-no-sd-card/td-p/4903470 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/no-sd-card/td-p/2702190 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Matt0rgill
Journeyman
Options
In other words there trying to make more money out of something simple by getting the user to buy storage at a premium instead. Oh well there are other makers out there that do.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I totally understand and appreciate your viewpoint on this @Matt0rgill 

Some love using Sd Cards and others prefer the built in storage and cloud vaults.

I'm of the latter due to a few Sd Cards corrupting on me 😔 

I'll end by never say never.

If market trend sways enough any manufacturer will adapt.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@Matt0rgill: While we have moved away from SD card support in our flagship models, you may wish to check out our A Series if this is a deal breaking feature. The A53 5G, for instance, is compatible with Micro SD cards up to 1TB capacity. To find out more, please check out the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-a-series/

0 Likes
Matt0rgill
Journeyman
Options
Sorry but I need flagship handset and it should come singing and dancing. Not whimpering asking for treats. While I have you is there any news on the One UI4.1 update for Note 20 Ultra yet?
Us community
First Poster
Options
  • Well this is exactly what I bought samsinstead of buying an iPhone and now you're just making it into an iPhone.. I will look for other choices now.. It's that important to me It's that important to me.. I guess you guys don't worry about asking a customer anything before you make changes I guess you guys don't worry about asking a customers anything before you make changes..I bought 4 samsung phones but now I will have to look elsewhere... why can't you make one model with an expandable memory slot 😔 

0 Likes