Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screen times out while reading

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 08:57 AM)
TheSpudman
Pathfinder
Options
Anyone else having the problem that while reading something and looking at the screen it times out and locks?

There used to be something called Smart Stay.. Might have been a couple of versions ago, but this would prevent the screen from timing out when you were looking at it..
Cheers!
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Liamò
Explorer
Options
Smart Stay has been renamed to ″Keep screen on while viewing″ in One UI 3.

To enable the feature go to Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures > Keep screen on while viewing > Enable it.
TheSpudman
Pathfinder
Options
Brilliant thanks.. In that case I think I have a bug as that is enabled, but my screen still times out when I'm viewing it but not touching it..
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@TheSpudman,

As @Liamò has already said (Thanks for that!), the Smart Stay option has been renamed to "Keep screen on while viewing" and it can be found in the Motions and gestures section of the Settings app. If the option doesn't work for you despite it being enabled, I recommend you to report this problem via the Members app, so that our developers can have a look at it! 😉

0 Likes
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Smart stay definitely isn't working on my S20. it's it affected by battery settings at all?
0 Likes
TheSpudman
Pathfinder
Options
I'm sure mine isn't either. Phone certainly seems to lock the screen quicker than I used to and no, I haven't changed the timeout setting that I know of!
0 Likes