Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a New SIM card in India

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 09:32 AM)
GeoA13
Explorer
Options

I will go on a trip to India and I'm planning to buy a SIM card from an Indian shop when I get there for my mobile phone (Samsung A13). It is cheaper to use a local SIM card than using my O2 SIM card from the UK. However, I'm wondering if I will be able to use my Uber app with the new Indian SIM card or should I reinstall the Uber app for the new phone number that comes with the Indian SIM card? I've never used Uber abroad. Obviously I can use Uber with my UK phone number but will I be able to use Uber with the new phone number that comes with the Indian SIM card? Or should I make some changes in the settings of the Uber app to accept the Indian number?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AsadM
Options

Hi @GeoA13, some third party apps are exclusive to the region they're released in, so they might not be compatible. However, I've had a look on the Uber website, and it does confirm that the app will work in India. 

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AsadM
Options

Hi @GeoA13, some third party apps are exclusive to the region they're released in, so they might not be compatible. However, I've had a look on the Uber website, and it does confirm that the app will work in India. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@GeoA13 your going to need to look very carefully at your o2 account to see what they provide for roaming. They have support pages on roaming.

In regards to using a local sim card then again you'll need to carefully look at what they offer to compare this with your own o2 option.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask. 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GeoA13
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your advice. I much appreciate it!

GeoA13
Explorer
Options

When I arrive in India I will get a local SIM card. I would like to ask you how can I avoid any data roaming charges from my O2 network? I know in Settings I should uncheck the “data roaming” option and “Mobile data” option but I guess if I did that I would not be able to use the internet with the local India SIM card. So, how can I make sure that I can use the internet with the Indian SIM card and NOT with my O2 SIM card? (I have a Galaxy A13)

0 Likes