Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a Galaxy J6

(Topic created on: 24-11-2023 03:28 PM)
Members_PN275rR
Journeyman
Options

I bought a second hand Galaxy J6 because my wife's one was exhibiting battery problems. I tried to set it up and update from Android 8 to android 10. It just comes back with server error.

I have done a factory reset and looked at a host of advice on the internet as to why this phone will not update.

What advise can you offer; the wi-Fi is connected it can access the outside world via it so that isn't the problem, I have tried to use Mobile Data instead of the Wi-Fi with the same result 'Server Error'.

I have also tried to update it through the Smart Switch application with the same result so my thinking is that it is the phone that is stopping the update.

The existing J6 is already on Android 10 and I know that it is supported on the J6 so it should upgrade.

Any thoughts as to what I am missing here.

6 REPLIES 6
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
Members_PN275rR
Journeyman
Options

Can you suggest any other links, I can't understand most of what he is saying in the video?

0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
Sure soon as possible
0 Likes
Members_PN275rR
Journeyman
Options

Thanks I will look at them. 

My assumption is that the phone, connected via wifi, should update, even without the SIM in it.

Do you know if that is correct?

Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
True You do not need a SIM card to update Android. Most of the android mobile provide update regularly. You need Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to download update.14 Dec 2020
0 Likes