Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS

(Topic created on: 23-11-2023 03:43 PM)
Maanscrypt
First Poster
Options

I am not able to use RCS on Samsung messages even when i turn on chat feature from samsung messages setting it doesn't work and keeps sending messages through SMS. It works when I use Google messages but I liked using samsung messages more, I think it's because i can't turn on "advanced calling and messaging" from connections settings but its disabled and just won't let me turn it on. What should i do?

Screenshot_20231123-211320_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

I'd say that it could be your mobile Network. Who do you use?

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
RCS is Google

Samsung messages are SMS/ MMS
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
What are you talking about

MB
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Sending messages by RCS instead of just sending by SMS/MMS that's what the post is about. There's two ways to send messages.
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Yes but none of that is relevant for the issue. It has to be enabled by the network operator, regardless of what the app supports.

MB
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
I've never asked my network to enable RCS on my device or account.

So maybe Vodafone offer it to all as standard (my network).

Personally I found RCS extremely unreliable so have it turned off. But that isn't relevant to this thread.
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Yes, but some minor ones like Giff Gaff don't have it - it's not a switch on or off

MB
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I would just do the usual restarts first. I have major posts about it years back. It's happened once on my ultra, I just simply restarted the phone and turned rcs on and off again. Sometime when you switch messaging apps it can ruin rcs in which case you will have to wait 8 days for it to active 🫣
0 Likes
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
Just a suggestion, if samsung messages isn't set as the default messages app it won't let you turn some features on including RCS. Also the other person's phone has to have RCS turned on as well but that's probably not the issue.
0 Likes