Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

(Topic created on: 17-02-2022 08:08 PM)
ZackMichealDavis
Explorer
Options
As A Owner Of The Fairly Old Samsung S9 (Android 10) I Have Seen The New Samsung OneUI3 & 4 And Android 11 & 12. But! Unfortunately I Can Not Update It Which I Think Is A Bit Mean As Offcorse The New Software Aswell As New Features And Design It Has Also Included Better Software And Hardware Management (Atleast Better Then Previous Software Versions). So I Think Considering That The New Samsung S21 & S22 With 4 Year Of Updates I Think My Phone/Every S9 Could Have Gotten Another Year Of Software Updates To Push It To Android 11
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Cyberkev
Journeyman
Options

You really really really don't want One UI 4. Its a massive downgrade. Completely awful UI. Huge downgrade on my Note 10+ 5G.  Makes a £1000 phone I'm still paying for for a year look like an entry level budget model, makes a 4K screen look like a 480p sub vga iPhone 3. Weather icons ruined and useless, battery life worse even after a cache clear, font especially 9/6 numbers hard to read, fisher price charge icon.  Best advice is dont' upgrade for as long as you can.

0 Likes
Thomasalive07
Navigator
Options
No your s9 could not handle android 11 because it moved on from that and your storage isn't big enough to cope with android 11
0 Likes
Cyberkev
Journeyman
Options

Wrong, I have a Note 10 + 5G, its used about 82GB of its 256GB internal storage. It's not an andriod 11 problem its the awful Samsung One UI 4.0 on top of it. Biggest memory and CPU hog of anything on there. This is an old thread and neither are current. With Android 12 and One UI 4.1 it's slightly improved but still not as good or responsive as dumping OneUI completely.  Factory reset doesnt help, as soon as OneUI reaches 4.0 it's *****.

0 Likes
Thomasalive07
Navigator
Options
That's very weird because it's RAM isn't supposed to handle the new features. Also I think it's to do with marketing.
0 Likes
Thomasalive07
Navigator
Options
Also we're talking about s9 not s10+ 5G .
0 Likes