Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Trapped Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 06:07 AM)
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

I have activated my Two-Step Verification security option on the samsung account website, I received sms on my mobile number, I used it to activate the Two-Step Verification, now my Two-Step Verification option is on.

When I signed in my SAMSUNG account on my mobile, and requesting the Two-Step Verification code, I don't receive any code, tried that from samsung accounts website, the same thing happened, I can generate backup codes, which won't work with the phone, Now I am trying to turn off the Two-Step Verification option, but I don't know how.

Long story short, I am trapped with the security layer I wanted to protect myself with.

Please I need your help 

54 REPLIES 54
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I too noticed that the two step verification has to be enabled to perform a back up.

You could try going into Settings, Accounts and Back up, Accounts, Tap on your Samsung Account, Password and Security, Two Step verification is there @BoeingMan 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

This is the problem, it's a freshly setup phone, I need to signup my samsung account to restore my data, when I sign in with my samsung account details, user name and password, i get the two steps verification, it shows that an SMS been sent to my phone number, and I wait and wait and wait, while nothing happening. then I am timed out, and I have to request a verification code again, and so on.

I never used 2 steps verifications, but yesterday, I wanted to give meself the extra security layer. Not knowing that I'll be scewing myself with that.

Is there any online customer support I can use to get this dumb option turned off?

Thank you for your time and feedback, 

It is just not helping my case here

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you 100% sure you keyed in your mobile number correctly ?

It may also be worth contacting your mobile network to ensure receiving texts from companies like Samsung has been allowed.

For your Samsung Support Department I'd suggest a Google Search @BoeingMan 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

Yes, I am sure of the phone number is 100% correct, also I am sure of my mobile service provider is able to receive sms from any sender, samsung ancluded. 

I received sms from Samsung when I 1st set up the 2setps verifications when I enabled that service via the samsung accounts website.

Once the option was activated, I then signed in my fresh mobile to set up the samsung account, at that moment, I signed in using my username and password, then step 2 is saying an SMS has been sent to your mobile number. But nothing happened till it time me out. once that happened it'll ask you to resend the code, and so on

Suzzicool
Apprentice
Options

Hi am am too tensed and when i logged into my samsung account online it show 2 step verification and i enabled it. I logged in online on my pc it was fine. Sunddenly samsung account in my samsung device was signed off and i had to login again. I did get code by sms i signed it but it did not proceed instead itself it clicked on request again code button nd i recvd another otp i typed that but cldnt sign in. I can sign in via pc but not from phn. On pc too i dont hv to option to disable 2 step verification. Pls help. Im stuck.

BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

Hello.,

This is happening to me now, At 1st I had the above mentioned problem, but since last week, When I login to my samsung account on my phone, i put my username and my password, then I go to step 2 which the sms verification code, the new thing this week, I receive the SMS which is a good thing that made me feel happy that my phone and phone provider able to receive sms from SAMSUNG. So once my phone receives the sms, automatically the verification code appreas on the code space and act like  it's signing in, but nothing happened as within less than a second, the verification code space comes back empty again and Resend code appears available again if I want to receive another code, and it'll keep doing that no matter how many times I receive verification code.

I've sent an email since last week to SAMSUNG customers support about this issue, I received a reciving confirmation email from them, but no answer about this issue till now

I am so sorry, I'll never use the 2 steps verification option, SAMSUNG please forgive me ...lol

Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

@BoeingMan

Did you happen to create your Samsung account or set up two-step verification on an older phone or number?

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

My SAMSUNG account was created almost 7 years now and it was 1st created on a brand new SAMSUNG phone

never problems, only now when I thought to activate the 2step verification

Now I am trapped I can not access my data stored on SAMSUNG

dhtzs01
Explorer
Options

I've also been facing the same issue over a week now. I replied on a rather old thread regarding the verification process and it seems that other users have been facing the same problem as well. You can follow the discussion here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/turn-off-Two-Step-Verification/m-p/1667715#M39...