Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text format changed after update

(Topic created on: 20-08-2021 06:18 PM)
jcmiller
First Poster
Options

Hello,

This is on a Galaxy J337V,  3rd Gen. version I believe.

It updated and the text format changed. Screenshot below.

Where there used to be just a text box and the keyboard so you could just start typing, now there is the text box and next to it 3 icons to the left, plus the icon inside the text box. (choices to add stuff, pics, etc.) The keyboard doesn't appear till you tap the box, which sucks. The icons disappear when you type but come back after you hit reply. I didn't see any new options in text settings.

I'd like to revert back to the original format. IOW, get rid of those useless, unwanted icons.

Screenshot_20210819-095641_Messages.jpg

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@jcmiller: Sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the new Messages interface. Sadly it isn't possible to revert back to the previous version, but I think you'll find, with time, that it's quite intuitive to hit the dialogue box to begin composing your message. The icons to the left give you quick access to your Gallery, Camera and additional options although, as you say, they won't get in the way once you start typing. Give it a chance, and you'll get to grips with it I'm sure. 

0 Likes
jcmiller
First Poster
Options

Andrew, thanks for the reply. Those icons -- to the left and inside of! -- the text box are totally counterintuitive to me and I'm sure many others. (Who needs a "funny" creature icon inside a text box??)

If you guys think it's so important why not create an OPTION to HIDE those icons? When I send a text I just want to jump right in and start typing. I don't need that extraneous stuff there. Please create an option to Hide them. Thanks.

0 Likes