Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Software Update Error on Galaxy S7 Edge

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 04:21 PM)
PantaRheia
First Poster
Options

I have tried numerous times to updated my S7 Edge  with the newest patch, and I always get an unspecified Error Message. No number, no further explanation.

I have tried to boot into the recovery menu and wipe the partition cache as suggested here https://www.itechify.com/2017/02/22/samsung-galaxy-s7-software-update-failed-fixed/#:~:text=Press%20.... but it didn't change the outcome.

Please help!?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @PantaRheia 

Have you tried this using Smart Switch for PC?

0 Likes
PantaRheia
First Poster
Options

Hi ChrisM!

No, I haven't. I just checked it out, seems like this is to copy my content from my phone to my PC. How would this help me avoid the system update error? Thanks! 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@PantaRheia: It is sometimes possible to complete an available update via Smart Switch on your home computer, if you're having trouble with the over-the-air option on your phone. On the Smart Switch PC/Mac home screen, can you see a prompt to install an update next to your device details?

0 Likes
HMalcy
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm wondering whether this worked for you? I'm getting the same error. Many thanks
0 Likes
PantaRheia
First Poster
Options

It actually did work! It wasn't all without problems, though - as I encountered an error at first as well and had to do an emergency recovery, but after that it would let me run the update. THANK YOU! :smiling-face: 

0 Likes