Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Wallet on S8+ keeps prompting to update

(Topic created on: 12-01-2023 08:32 PM)
markdewet
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

As above, Samsung Wallet, version 5.1.80, keeps telling me there is an update however when I tap "update" I get a brief blue circle then it just goes back to "A new version is available" with the update button. I downloaded the app directly from the Samsung Store, so not sure what the issue is. Please advise/assist.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This on the face of it sounds like a glitch @markdewet 

As a process of elimination can you try the following >

Turn the phone Off and then back On to soft reboot it.

• Settings , Apps, Samsung Wallet, Storage, Clear Cache 
  • Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

I'd that does not help then ensure all your phone's software is up to date and hopefully the issue will self resolve. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
markdewet
Journeyman
Options

@BandOfBrothers  Thank you for your reply. I have done a soft reboot, cleared cache and data in app settings, even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still no luck. My software is up-to-date.

Just one question regarding the clearing of the cache partition in the recovery menu: Will this nor cause me to lose all my existing apps and data? I really do not want to have to re-install and set up everything again, if at all possible.

Thank you

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @markdewet. I appreciate that you were addressing @BandOfBrothers. Just to reassure you, however, Wiping the cache partition will not delete any files on your phone.

You can read more about this on the link @BandOfBrothers provided.

Please let us know whether following these steps helps you resolve the issue you have been encountering with Samsung Wallet.

markdewet
Journeyman
Options

@PaulM1 Thank you so much for your reply and your assurance that I will not lose any data. I will attempt this and report back.

markdewet
Journeyman
Options

OK, so wiped cache partition as described in the link, but still no luck. guess I will just have to live with it until an update is actually available. Bit sad on Samsung's part though. I have been quite impressed with this S8+, really like it.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for trying that, @markdewet. Are you able to share a screenshot or photo showing the message that you are seeing on your S8+?

0 Likes
markdewet
Journeyman
Options

Um, Ok, I can try, but I am still learning this phone, so I have two unrelated questions, if I may:

1: How do I do a screenshot on the S8+?

2: How can I find this community in the Samsung Members App?

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's completely understandable.

To take a screenshot, please follow the suggestions provided in the guide below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-on-my-samsung-galaxy-de...

To access our Community via the Samsung Members app, click on the Community link at the bottom of the app (this is the central option and is flanked by the options Discover and Support).

The following thread should prove helpful in helping you locate this option:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/how-to-use-the-community-on-the-samsung-members-....

Please let me know how you get on with this.

0 Likes
markdewet
Journeyman
Options

@PaulM1 OK, got the screenshot. Can you please advise how I upload it to this thread?

Edit: Not to worry about my second question, I uninstalled Samsung Members app as it does not seem to correlate with Samsung Community. Pity there is not an app for this community.

0 Likes