Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung M32 screen totally freezing randomly after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 03:55 PM)
abrarw99
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I got my dad the Samsung M32 couple of months ago. It's a great device and my dad really loves it. However, ever since updating to Android 12 (OneUI 4.1) few weeks ago, the phone's screen completely freezes randomly, especially after long hours of none usage. When this happens, the phone can't be used, however, a simple hard restart fixes the problem instantly, which lead to me believe it's a software issue. Having looked it up, I read it's a common issue for a lot of people with the same device and I am wondering when this is gonna get fixed. For a brand as reliable as Samsung,  this type of bugs and problems should be fixed as soon as possible. 

Please fix this problem as soon as possible. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would also suggest to send your feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section so the relevant department of Samsung gets this from as many owners as possible.

There are some generic troubleshooting you can use as it's not always because of a software update @abrarw99 

1. Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

2. Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes