Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 with screen burn

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 01:51 PM)
Rmatt
First Poster
Options

I've just upgraded my phone so am planning on selling my old S8. But it has screen burn! 

I've downloaded the OLED app and had it running overnight but it hasn't made a difference.

Is there anything else you can recommend?

20200311_134655.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung know some phones can suffer from screen burn and I've come across posts where people have had the display swapped out by Samsung under the two year manufacturing warranty as long as no other damage is present i.e from an accidental bump etc @Rmatt 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Rmatt: If you dial *#0*# into your telephone dial pad and select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles, is the issue present in any of these tests?

If it is then, further to the advice offered by @BandOfBrothers, if your S8 is less than 24 months old then you can get it inspected by a Samsung engineer at an authorised Support Centre. If the issue is software or hardware related then the service will be free of charge, however if it's over 24 months old or has been subjected to physical/liquid damage, then a charge will be applicable.

To find your nearest Support Centre please check out the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes