Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e AOD Screen too dim / font off-white

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 10:25 AM)
dabiker68
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

My AOD screen is extremely dim when displaying the clock, and the colour of the font is far from being basic white (greyish undertones). 

I have turned auto-brightness on/off, manually adjusted brightness from both within the settings and double tapping the AOD screen. I have also adjusted the clock style and color within the appropriate menu. Upon the recc of an online Samsung Rep, I also did a full set factory reset, which made no difference.

Anyone have any off the beaten path ideas? 

Brian. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @dabiker68 

Have you tried changing the colour of the clock display?

0 Likes
dabiker68
First Poster
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @dabiker68 

Have you tried changing the colour of the clock display?

I have. There is no true white color, unfortunately. Twelve colors, no white, no color picker. Screenshot_20200624-105925_Always On Display.jpg

0 Likes
kiyap
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue but can't find anyone with a solution.  It's not adjusting to ambient light because it's way too dim even in the dark.  In addition to all that you've tried, I've tried turning off power-saving mode, adjusting all kinds of accessibility options, even turning off facial recognition because I read elsewhere on the web that AOD didn't work right with the face widget.  Nothing helped.  It's so dim as to be almost unreadable in the dark.  It's clearly a bug that only occurs with a certain combination of settings, I just wish I knew which ones.

Anyone else have suggestions?

0 Likes
Andrey Tatarin
First Poster
Options

I experience absolutely the same shame to Samasung problem when upgraded from A3 2017 to S10e. A3 is way much better in handling, having FM offline radio and AOD light is much better works when on S10e its so dim in any kind of settings. Guys from Samasung why you spoil your smartphone with each ne model deducing them in features? Why S10e lacks baromets sensor, offline FM radio even on US Snapdragon version after upgared from 9 to 10 Android, AOD which sucks even comparing to old lower segment A3 2017? 

0 Likes