Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't save emergency contact numbers even when I select and save them to "Emergency Contact" group

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 07:48 PM)
Hugh Jass
Journeyman
Options

My brother was recently showing my mum and I how to add medical and emergency information on our phones that can be displayed on the lock screen, which seemed like a really useful feature to me. However, neither of us can successfully add emergency contacts to our lock screen. We both have different Samsung phones, but I assume it's the same procedure.

I have a Samsung J6+, and to add medical & emergency info I go to contacts, click on myself, and then the options appear. I am able to edit the medical info no problem. When I try to add emergency contacts, though, once I select the contacts and save, my phone just seems to fail to save my settings, and says I have no emergency contacts. My mum encountered the exact same problem, with a different model of phone. No matter how many times we try to save contacts, which contacts we save, or how many or how few contacts we save to the emergency contact group, every time, the phone seems to be interrupted while saving, and fails to save our settings.

This is incredibly frustrating, especially because this seems like an important feature to have enabled on our phones. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Hugh Jass
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung J6+

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks. Which Android version are you running too?

0 Likes
Hugh Jass
Journeyman
Options

Version 10

0 Likes
Poppywyatt
First Poster
Options

I saw in another post, the writer said you have to save the contact you planning to set as emergency contact on phone instead of the sim card or other external card. 

I had the same issue, move my contacts from SIM card to phone, and it works.