Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone asking to create pattern when specific email is signed into Gmail

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 05:20 PM)
STRhythm
First Poster
Options

After my dad got a new phone he is having an issue where after singing into Gmail with only a specific account (business email), the phone asks him to create a pattern and doesn't let him have no security (he prefers it that way). When he's not signed into Gmail with that email address and he's signed in with a personal/other one, it lets him have no security.

He thinks it might have something to do with that specific email address being connected to a wix website so it's asking for a stronger security. Is there a way to fix this so he can be signed in with that specific address but not be asked to enter security?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@STRhythm: If a level of security is required in order to add/access the email account on an Android device, then this is likely to be a stipulation of the email provider themselves. I'd recommend that he reaches out to his works IT department for further clarification, to see if it is possible to work around this. If he is using the dedicated Gmail app, he may wish to try adding the account via Settings > Accounts and Backup > Accounts > Add account > Email, to see if this helps. 

jamalhester
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

@STRhythm: If a level of security is required in order to add/access the email account on an Android device, then this is likely to be a stipulation of the email provider themselves. I'd recommend that he reaches out to his works IT department for further clarification, to see if it is possible to work around this. If he is using the dedicated Gmail app, he may wish to try adding the account via Settings > Accounts and Backup > Accounts > Add account > Email, to see if this helps. 

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the answers.

0 Likes