Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI - please DON'T create new home screen

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 10:21 AM)
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

when I find and app in app drawer and choose "add an icon to home-screen" it usually creates new blank home-screen even though there is still space on my previous one! I don't want such mess so I always have to move the icon to previous home-screen and delete the newly created one. Please fix this weird behavior!

5 REPLIES 5
Neo001
Legend
Options

I see this behaviour in S22 plus as well. Have you already raised it via Samsung Members app > Support > Ask questions?

0 Likes
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

No. Should I? The choices I see there are

So which one would you use for this?

0 Likes
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

I am talking about the website. I don't have the app on my phone right now...

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@McVitas: The Samsung Members app should be preinstalled on your device, and accessible by swiping up from your Home Screen > Samsung (folder) > Samsung Members. In the meantime, it may be worth checking Settings > Home screen > Lock Home screen layout, and toggling this option off if it is enabled. You could also try increasing the size of your Home screen grid to see if this helps. 

If you have a specific location for the app in mind, press and hold on the app icon, then drag and drop it onto your Home Screen of choice. Let me know how you get on. 

McVitas
Pioneer
Options

Well Mr. Moderator as I have said - I don't have the app installed (I unchecked it during the phone's setup), so if you think it is really important to make feedback via this app, then I can install it from Galaxy store and do so (and that's what you should have advised me 😉

About lock home screen layout? Sorry but how is this related to my suggestion? If I check it I cannot add any new icons on the home screen from the app drawer, so why do you confuse me with this?

About home screen grid size - how is this related? Seems like One UI is only checking if the bottom right slot is free and if it's not then new home screen gets created regardless of how many icons are already there (it could be only one and new home-screen gets created anyway!)

tap and hold - move it down to the bottom of the screen, then release it on home-screen is a workaround, yes thanks for that. Unfortunately it takes more time and more effort, so in case I want to add more icons it could be quite cumbersome.