Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Pattern Lock is not working anymore!

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 12:38 PM)
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

I have a S8  (bought new) for long time, and today, sundely Pattern lock stop working always says "Incorrect Patter Draw". I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly, as it is the same I have on other device. Consider this:

• I do have fingerprint working, wich enables me to use the phone for now
  • Can't change any security setting as it also asks for pattern unlock
  • Phone has boot protection also with pattern lock, which may lock me down if phone restarts
  • My screen has an old fissure, but not only it has been always working fine, as I can see pattern being correctly desing on screen as I try to unlock and last, using built in  option (*#0*#) or with test apps, touch screen seems to be with no flaws

I read about similar issues on S7, people saying it did unlock after many trial or after a reboot (which I'm afraid as I also have pattern lock on boot). Why is this happening? How can I overcame it? Is Factory Reset my only option?
Go to solution
63 REPLIES 63
dudkenji
First Poster
Options

This not worked for me... Have a J4, didn't make tring tring sound...

I made a cloud backup. Should I erase data and restore backup?

0 Likes
pierfconsa
First Poster
Options

same here with my tab 10: the pattern (with an overlapping dot) suddenly no longer works. I have the remote unlock active but it keeps giving me 'something went wrong'. How do i do factory resetting?

0 Likes
BT77
First Poster
Options

You sir saved me. VERY TRUE if you are doing your correct pattern after 1000x times and it does not offer cool off period... most likely it's a glitch and will work with a simple switch off and turn back on!!!! 

Phone is back to normal now. THANK YOU  

0 Likes
CoffeeMonster
Apprentice
Options

My pattern lock is broken and locked me out of my phone. I've used the same lock for years so I know it's the right one I'm trying. Soft reset (volume down + power for 10s) didn't help. I tried the pattern 30+ times now and just get the error:

"incorrect pattern drawn"- or - "Try again in 30 seconds"

Didn't set up the Samsung account before so I can't do remote unlock, and don't have other security access set up. I'm not out of the house much so just kept things simple.

Now I'm panicking because I need this phone for 2-factor authentication, to access my work on Microsoft account, banking, etc. Factory reset would be disruptive, it'll take me hours to set up my phone with everything again; and I can't believe that's the only option. How can the software forget my security pattern?

Bentos69
First Poster
Options
I have an a30s Samsung galaxy my phone is new but is from the states, up until earlier the pattern was working fine but for some reason now its faulty, anybody any ideas? please
0 Likes
MiloR
Student
Options

I went through my samsung account and could not find solution, because I use verizon and and they do not allow find my mobile option. Any advise?

0 Likes
MiloR
Student
Options

Does it erase data as phone call history and messages and other apps?

0 Likes
Mariusica77
First Poster
Options

Check this out guys !!!

connect a mouse via OTG and draw your pattern for unlocking !!! 😜

Good luck !!!

god13668
Apprentice
Options
My sis iPad pattern is not working well so help her to fix it pls bye
0 Likes