Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Pattern Lock is not working anymore!

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 12:38 PM)
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

I have a S8  (bought new) for long time, and today, sundely Pattern lock stop working always says "Incorrect Patter Draw". I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly, as it is the same I have on other device. Consider this:

• I do have fingerprint working, wich enables me to use the phone for now
  • Can't change any security setting as it also asks for pattern unlock
  • Phone has boot protection also with pattern lock, which may lock me down if phone restarts
  • My screen has an old fissure, but not only it has been always working fine, as I can see pattern being correctly desing on screen as I try to unlock and last, using built in  option (*#0*#) or with test apps, touch screen seems to be with no flaws

I read about similar issues on S7, people saying it did unlock after many trial or after a reboot (which I'm afraid as I also have pattern lock on boot). Why is this happening? How can I overcame it? Is Factory Reset my only option?
Go to solution
64 REPLIES 64
VishalD236
First Poster
Options

Hey PabloOS,

I unlocked my phone using 'Find My Mobile - Samsung' but I am unable to lock as settings always stops working. How long will it take to again lock my device and how to do it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Aidiljs
First Poster
Options

Is it really true? It happened to me now. Im ***** sure The unlock pattern is correct. Since the very firstday bought this phone. I used the samw unlock pattern. And suddenly it says 'try again'  100% suree its the correct pattern. 

0 Likes
Trey25
First Poster
Options

Did it end up working @?

0 Likes
irwanambak
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the reset worked.

Irwan Ambak
ciddy
First Poster
Options

I'm using Google Pixel (First Edition) 

So I woke up this morning to my Pattern not working ; my phone was connected to the internet so I went to Find my Phone to see if there were any options there were none.. I searched the internet and all I found was reset options which I did not want to do because I DID NOT FORGET my pattern and didn't want to deal with the hassel of resetting up my phone buuuut I noticed something..  As many times as I tried my aattern it DID NOT ever give me a lock out screen like it usually does for about 30 secs or so then it lets you try again. So I randomly tried like 20 times in a row and nothing. Hmmm very odd, thats not right . Being that I had internet access I was really afraid of resetting my phone and losing that access and later find an option that allows you to login with internt access buuuuut I need my phone for the Two Step Verification at my job and didnt feel like setting it up on one of my other phones ( Really Ciddy? I know!)..  Being that I work in IT I know when something out the blue weird and whacky like this happens a restart will most likey resolve the issue or kick off troubleshooting so I went for it annnnd guess what.. IT WORKED lol

Summary: IF you know for a fact you DID NOT forget your code or pattern ANNNND after many attempts your phone does NOT offer a cool off period before trying the code or pattern again then you may be having a glitch or somehting and a restart will most likely fix the phone!! Hope this helps!! 

• IF you have boot protection you will simply have to let your phone die then charge it and try again, I had to do this with my daughters tablet that a guy sold me and gave me the wrong pattern (or I remeber it worng) I let it die then did a factory reset since it was going to be new for her... New phones can live for days without much use, do as much as you can to keep the screen on to drain battery faster! 
Gemma10
First Poster
Options

I really do not want to do a factory reset.  Is that the only way?

Ziv1
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and I was in panic.

What solved the issue was press long time on power key simultaneously with the two volume buttons. 

0 Likes
nidhi
First Poster
Options

I came to this thread thnking of te help to unlpvk my samsung m30s when one morning after scheduled restart it was no more accepting my pattern lock though i was sure it was a correct one.

It started on 12 july 20 morning. I thought it wud eventually accept my pattern after  few hours as that had already happened once more on 2 days back.

But that didn't occur. The whole day of 12th passed with my phone locked. I explored all options watching useless tricks and softwares that dont do what they advertise. I didnt try any ***** on my phone cos it was clear none of them wud have worked without affecting my phone adversely n yet not help reset my passwords without data loss 

I tried unlock with find my mobile samsung. I tried exploring device manager options as well and was of no help. The samsung find my mobile i tried to use unlock feature. 
Asked for my samsung account id pass. I had to reset that. After wards i tried unlock feature.

And as usual it told me that the phone has not had its unlock remotely option enabled. 
.i tried backing up data many times afterwards it was not working. I thot lets just backup n get over. But it was nt happening.
  Slept over woke on 13th morning n tried again. Nothng working. Thot to backup data from same find my mobile option...didnt work. Again i thot lets jst backup calender n contact data n try. As i clivked back up the page just froze and this whole time my phone was usb connected to my pc just made a tring tring sound and the lock was no more there it just opened up. No data loss and my phone was open with million notification activities and one of them read as phone lock reset by find my mobile. 

No unlock feature was not enabled. But it got enabled after 24h it seems
(No usb debugging was not on )
Only wifi and one sim2 slot was on.
Delighted to actach below screenshot 

Screenshot_20200713-121920_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
pualani
First Poster
Options

This worked! Thank you so much, this was such a quick fix. You saved me so much time! I love you.

0 Likes
nidhi
First Poster
Options

Glad i cud help 

😄

Cheers

0 Likes