Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD card - Bring it back

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 11:08 AM)
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Hi Samsung, please bring back the micro SD card in your next version of the galaxy phone S23. If not on all models, run a trail and only place on one variant (ie the S23+) and see how the sales go. 

I'm not the only out there thats not happy with yhe companies decision to remove the micro SD card slot. 

Please consider and implement. 
238 REPLIES 238
LovelyRita
Apprentice
Options

Somebody should start a Petition to get SAMSUNG TO LISTEN. I've lost so much content in clouds and from the internal drive due to  IT  issues & the constant Overheating issues in previous models! If not for my sd card I would have lost precious moments of life happening!!! I am still with the 9+ because it has the sd slot.  I was hoping the 23 would bring it back but sadly it didn't happen. I am sick and tired of these prices and getting less for it while they force you to pay monthly fees to store your private moments.  SAMSUNG, For what ya'll are charging you can't say that the sd slot would be costly. You're just in on this cloud storage Scam!! BRING BACK THE SD CARD SLOT

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Literally no reason to stay on the S9+. At least upgrade to the 20 series...

0 Likes
LovelyRita
Apprentice
Options

Several reasons that I didn't switch is sd card slot, 3.5 jack; both of those really matters to me but mostly because I haven't been 6 months without a device overheating or crappinh out. I've been with Samsung since the very first phone and Verizon had made it hell. When I bought into the Note 7 I pleaded with both Verizon & Samsung to look into the overheating because the 1st one burned my hand pretty good. Even the note 7s in the store were extremely hot but my burn didn't matter until ?? When I got my replacement Note 7 the same dang thing was happening! I reported in to Verizon to Samsung( a man with an accent keep telling me "no no it good, not 1st device" I even contacted the government to report to consumer protection. Then a man on a plane happened. I was so upset about my experience.  Even though they were in the wrong Samsung moved on without a care and even raised pricing. THANK YOU SAMSUNG! So I finally make my purchase of the 9+ seemed good for a couple months until my brand new device began flickering, overheating, it stop wanting to be a phone. I was not happy to give my brand new device over for a refurbished one! And that has continued for over 10 devices. Verizon and I have been dancing with this device for a while now where they have deleted my sd card, my internal, I have clocked enough hours with both companies enough to be on payroll.  For these reasons & a few more I had chose not to get into another device until the kinks are out. Its clear though that these kinks are there for the reason to upset. 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

I've had basically every Samsung made and never experienced anything like that. Including my whole family pretty much (about 5+ people), my boss, my coworkers. None of those things have happened. Sounds to me like you're just getting the bad luck of the bunch. Either way, S9+ isn't worth it anymore. You can get USB-C headphones so that's also not an issue. I actually prefer my wireless headphones as the cable was always an inconvenience from me even back before smartphones were a thing

Past that, it's been years now, so gotta either jump on the bandwagon or get off. They're not gonna bend down for a small amount of people (only 100 comments on this thread, for instance)

0 Likes
LovelyRita
Apprentice
Options

With the usb-c headphones doesn't that mean your charging cable function is in use?

I am unable to use the wireless for medical reasons and in my hiking I find many of the lost pods so for those which aren't cheap, I'm not missing out. I do agree with you that I have had some bad luck, over and over and over again ( 20+overs ) and I do believe that Verizon workers sent me garbage.  If I didn't believe in the product and wanted only internal memory I would have headed over to Apple. I was stuck in Motorola when Verizon decided that that was a good replacement for Samsung. I absolutely hated the razor/max. And just in case of an overload I still have my mint condition lg flip device.  I know that only few comment on here and that is upsetting. Most people don't use their voices for anything meaningful and dump them instead on places like IG, FB, Twitter etc. You know, all the places that are pointless for change.  Im so tired of everybody trying to sell me cloud spaceas well. I know plenty of people that lost everything to the cloud.  I prefer my content to be mine and once its in the cloud if it doesn't disappear it Is no longer just yours. 

If I choose to stay quiet because its not the popular thought then what good is a voice at all. Its OK to not follow the forever trend of buying into new products every 6 months. Its ok to express my likes and dislikes with hope that 1 day my minority voice will be heard.  Sometimes whats old becomes new again. 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

You can get a splitter if you want to charge at the same time

As for the cloud storage, I've never had that issue even with a 512GB model... If you're storing more than 512GB then that's not smart anyways especially on a phone that can easily break or get stolen. SD card or not. I've had SD cards fail and corrupt tons of times to the point that I prefer internal anyways. Also internal is dramatically faster with moving/deleting/adding/etc. Even my download speeds from the internet have dramatically improved from using internal. If I ever hit the limit of storage then I just move it to the computer and start over. No reason to be carrying over 512GB with an SD card or not... 

0 Likes
TheOnlyDocc
Navigator
Options

@JamesAutoDude Like it was explained a few times by a few people. If you are happy without SD cards, simply do not use them! But do not try to make people give up on a feature they think is useful and valuable and should be implemented on a phone that Samsung takes more than 1400€ for. They raise the price further and further,pushing people to features which cost extra money (cloud service) and at the same time removed feature after feature (Charger, Headphones, SD card slot, Headphone jack).

Like i said if you are happy without the features : Do not use them!

But do not tell people that they should give up on it because "you" do not need it and "you" think they are worthless. If they would think the same they would not have taken the time to write down their thoughts here.

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

I have never used any services you're mentioning and have been perfectly happy. 512GB is more than enough on something so volatile

Same with my whole family and everyone I know who has Samsung. Y'all are just being pessimistic and stuck in the past 🤣 

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

How wrong do you like to be? You talk about Googling stuff,  but you failed to see that MicroSD is just as fast as regular SD. In fact, you can buy U3 rated MicroSD cards.

What's truly tragic about your s****y opinion is that you say that people should "Just move it to your computer..." Umm, do you know how much faster that would be if you could simply pop out a card then pop it into your PC? I get it, you work for Samsung and are defending a stupid decision.

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

You missed the point and you don't know how to write analogies! I'm not asking them to do anything more than what they had already done This is one, small addition which requires very little space.

Asking them to produce different versions of the phone with different storage options built in is more akin to building a gas station on every block, but they're already doing that!

0 Likes