Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue syncing folders in Mail app

(Topic created on: 18-05-2023 01:48 PM)
SHN
First Poster
Options
Good afternoon 
I understand that other users are having this issue and for now I have not been able to see a resolution or find a way to resolve it
My mail app on phone would not recognise / show or sync folders created on either mail app from computer or outlook. 
When looking at the "folders to sync" menu it does not show all the folders 
I tried creating test folder under my inbox and for one second that made all the folders appear and then disappear. 
When I created a folder from the phone and then moved an email into it from the computer, the folder was still showing empty on phone mail app
I am using it for work and it is becoming a real issue as on phone I find the mail app much more user friendly than outlook so can a developer provide some feedback and resolution please as this seems to be a long lasting recurring bug by the look of other chats 
Thank you 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@SHN: Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of the device you're accessing the Email app on? This can be found in Settings > About phone > Model number, followed by Software information > Android version. 

For clarity, have you tried opening the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up window > Manage folders, and exploring your available options from here. Furthermore, if you tap the drop-down arrow next to 'All folders' in the pop-up window, does this reveal any hidden folders? 

If you're making real-time changes to your email account folders, then this may not be reflected immediately in the Email app. To check your settings, please tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up window > Select your account > Sync account (On), then check your Sync schedule options. If you set this to 'Manual', do you notice an improvement? 

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Also check you have set up your mail as IMAP and not POP3 as POP3 mailboxes won't sync across devices. Worth checking. Hope this helps
0 Likes