Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Is Samsung still supporting the S7 for Android updates and security updates?

(Topic created on: 19-02-2022 09:04 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hello community! I have a question. Does anyone know if Samsung is still giving S7 customers Android/software updates and critical security updates? It doesn't seem like there is because I don't seem to be getting updates on my S7. The last update was on October 2019 or March 2020, I'm not quite sure. My current Android patch date is March 2020. Is there a way to download updates manually?
5 REPLIES 5
Tamb0
Journeyman
Options
USB cable connected to pc via smart switch (download to pc)
0 Likes
Solution
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
Hi there! Unfortunately the S7 and S7 Edge are no longer officially supported for android updates, unless a critical update is required. Hope that helps!
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User  The S7 is still being  updated with security updates but not feature updates.   Whilst this may be disappointing some  updates will not be optimised for older devices and there would be a risk of your phone slowing down.  

A detailed guide here from @SjorsK    https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/my-compliments 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jack99081
Explorer
Options

Rather switch to iPhone bro. At least they update their iPhones for 4 plus years and samsung updated the j3 2017 with android pie! So just think if the j3 2017 can handle the ppie update obviously the beast S7 CAN but no samsung don't like updating their older phones and that the reason why I switched to iPhone and I've been with Samsung since day one day one!

0 Likes
jameskappel
First Poster
Options

Phone is no longer supported

how important to have a secure phone, mine is Samsung S7 and no longer receives security updates

How big deal is it? Am I probably alright?

Phone is working fine

Cannot afford to replace phone after 3+ years