Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: want to buy a Samsung phone with functioning spell check

(Topic created on: 14-01-2024 07:38 PM)
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options

S23FE doesn't have functioning spell check. I need to find out which phones do. I want to look at a body of text in a message/email prior to pressing send, and be informed where there are spelling mistakes. The 'old red underline' thing as was on my trusted S7. Anyone who has a current model phone does this or similar please let me know the model so I can go shopping. Would like dual nano sim capability. Want mobile comms with camera rather than mobile camera with comms.

6 REPLIES 6
GiZsY
Explorer
Options
Maybe try the 4old 4 or the new 4old 6 works great on mine (fold 45g) it's always trying to correct me lol
0 Likes
RajeevPR
Voyager
Options
Do you try Google keyboard??? Hope that help
0 Likes
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options
The tech guys remoted into my phone to install Gboard. They tried to set up spell checking but couldn't get it to work.
0 Likes
MarkBryant
Explorer
Options
Not took sure what you mean about no spell checker .I have a Galaxy S23 Plus, also I just set up my nephew's S23 FE.

Using the Samsung keyboard,both have Grammerly built in. It will highlight words and phrases, missing full stops etc.. and you simply click on that part of what you wrote and you can simply choose the corrected version. 1705276130513.jpg
0 Likes
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options
My Grammerly checks grammer but in a block of text it doesn't identify misspelt words. I.e I have predictive text, grammar and auto replace but no spell checker. Think the FE is different from the Plus, and it seems there are regional differences. I have UK FE.
0 Likes
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20240117_154058_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes