Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone Port

(Topic created on: 13-03-2024 11:47 AM)
Craigrs
First Poster
Options

Why have they removed the headphone port? When Apple removed theirs, I only heard people complaining, so why has Samsung copied them?

I don't want to have to get a converter/adapter that needs to be plugged in to the charging port. I want a separate port for the headphones. So, that I can charge my phone with headphones plugged in (I know there are those adapters that have both a headphone port and a charging port, I don't want an adapter at all)

I hope they'll release a phone in the future with the headphone port built in again, I want it to be my choice to use wireless headphones, not have the phone built so that it's the only option. I want the choice to be able to plug headphones directly into the phone, not through an adapter.

5 REPLIES 5
JerryS
Voyager
Options
There are some Samsung models with a headphone jack still, for example the A15 5G. But sadly not in the flagships. I think they did this to give more space toe internal components and to aid waterproofing, especially bearing in mind the take up of wireless earbuds
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Very much doubt it, even the SD card slot has disappeared from the top flagship models
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Highly unlikely we'll see the 3.5mm jack again to be honest.

The EU has legislated to reduce e-waste which has seen most devices no longer having a charging plug in the box (cynic in me points out that they can now charge more as well as increasing price of devices).

Most devices now come with USB-C headphone port which combines as the charger port.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Craigrs  The Headphone jack is pretty unlikely to come back to the flagships, as  mentioned there is the need to give more space to internal components and the trend is for smartphones to become thinner.  There is also drive in promoting cloud services and new Technology.

Whilst may not suit everyone, the USB-C port is the alternative for wired Headphones.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Whilst there's people who would love the headphone jack back, like yourselves. There's equally the same amount of people who don't want to see it back. I'm one of them. It would be just another hole to collect dust and fluff. Bluetooth headphones vary in price, depending on quality. So there is plenty of choice.
0 Likes