Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8+ Slow Motion Problems

(Topic created on: 18-05-2019 11:38 PM)
TheNeas
Student
Options

Hello,

I would be more than happy if someone could help me. I'm having problems when I try to edit my slow motion videos. I can't make my slow motion parts smaller.

When I shoot a slow motion video and I enter the edit mode, the phone presets 2 slow motion brackets with a specific lenght. Which somethimes are perfect. But in most cases, I would adjust my own brackets with the lenght I want. But when I want to shrink the lenght of the slow motion part, it doesn't allow it.

I know that for every slow motion video lenght there is a specified minimum slow mo lenght part. I took a 2+ min video and the editor preset 2 brackets for me. One was too short so i trie,d to extend it. But when i wanted to shrink it (for example to the original "pre-set" lenght) it was not allowed. (I even tested this on 2 sec and 2 min lenght videos - the same results).

I love makeing slow mo videos but this problem occured after I updated the phone version, and it is very frustrating.

18 REPLIES 18
Ghelle
First Poster
Options

This started long time ago and still is not fixed. That's the main reason why I will switch to another brand.

Usfmarine
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@TheNeas: After you capture a video in Slo Mo, tap 'Play Slow Motion Video' to enter the editing stage and drag the arrows together at the bottom of the video timeline to create a slow motion segment. This does have a minimum size unfortunately, therefore if the section you want to capture in slo mo is less than, say, 1 second, you won't be able to edit this exactly. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.

Not helpful advice, you're describing the problem. It worked, for years, the way we want it back to. There is zero benefit to requiring an overly long minimum slo-mo time, or any minimum whatsoever. Samsung crippled this fun shooting mode by doing this.

letkerdes
Apprentice
Options

I think I will also SWITCH TO AN OTHER BRAND (however I was big fun of Samsung)! Not only they ruined with this the slow motion utility; but they are locking features to third party developers! You can only use the samsung app for video recording, since the features for other apps (eg.: OpenCamera) are highly limited by Samsung (you can not record with higher fps!!!!). This is inexcusable... 

0 Likes
letkerdes
Apprentice
Options

You wrote:"..Couldn't find 3rd party apps to edit on PlayStore too..."

"Samsung cameras are locking features to third party developers severely locking their app capabilities..."!!!! THIS IS INEXCUSABLE, I agree! Not only ruining the slow mo app, they also ruin other possibilities! (I tried Opencamera..perfect app, but Samsung limits their use!) I don't understand, how they dare to!!!

You can read more about this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/8lncp5/samsung_needs_to_unlock_more_of_their_camera_api/

aswang
First Poster
Options

Just another dissatisfied customer. Please fix this.

0 Likes
Savannah17
First Poster
Options

I think I found the solution. You have to hold both drop handles at the same timeand like pinch them together to make the time slice smaller. It worked for me. Hope it helps. 

0 Likes
BB44
Student
Options

That isn't the solution. The problem is ... you can't shrink the brackets smaller than they allow

0 Likes
GPMaster
Explorer
Options

@BB44 wrote:

That isn't the solution. The problem is ... you can't shrink the brackets smaller than they allow

Exactly...the worse thing is, that this topic is old enough, several updates were already implemented by Samsung and this limitation still exist as existed and they did anything to fix it!

SHAME Samsung!

0 Likes
Boloko
Apprentice
Options

Guys

Finally received an update on Samsung store for galaxy s9+ on April 14th!

It now works

0 Likes