Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy M32 Non-responsive screen after OneUI 4.1 update

(Topic created on: 29-06-2022 08:55 AM)
smithy7
Explorer
Options
Anyone else had this problem?

After the latest One UI 4.1 update on Android 12 the screen on my phone does not respond to inputs. Screen can be turned on using power button but no swiping inputs respond and screen times out and turns off.

Using power and volume down buttons is only way to get screen to respond after forcing a soft restart.

I happens every morning after phone has not been used for 7-8 hours and happens randomly throughout the day. 

In an emergency having to restart your phone before calling for help can cause loss of life please Samsung look into this as a matter of urgency yes I have sent multiple error reports and logs.
69 REPLIES 69
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's odd that all have this issue. Sounds like a broken update. Out of curiosity does this issue happen in Safe Mode?
0 Likes
tadaz
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem with M31. Since the update, apps keep freezing randomly, can't open the wifi option page sometimes, only way to unfreeze is to powwr+volume down (sometimes several times)
it does also reboot without notice.

Calls are interrupted or when they end the ribbon says I'm still on a call.

A whole mess ! Any fix please Samsung?

BoraG
Explorer
Options

Finally I've found the app creating the problem. It is Instagram. I've tested by uninstalling and installing so I am pretty sure of it. Please try to uninstall and update us.

smithy7
Explorer
Options
I have never had Instagram but my phone for last week has not frozen so fingers crossed it's fixed
0 Likes
paulatino
Journeyman
Options

I uninstall Instagram yesterday after reading your message, this morning the screen was unresponsive again so I am afraid, at least for me, Instagram was not the cause.

It's starting to become extremely annoying, I am restarting my phone 3-4 times per day.

0 Likes
paulatino
Journeyman
Options

Did you do anything in particular to fix it? In my phone the problem is getting worse if any, far from being fixed.

0 Likes
BoraG
Explorer
Options

I don't understand, for some days it was ok but yesterday I installed the last update and this morning it happened again. I will wipe cache partition and repair apps. I don't know if it is because of another app or not. May be I will uninstall all apps one by one. I am only using a few well-known apps and no games installed. It is silly if we can't use apps comfortably, the phones are not smart by themselves the apps make them smart.

0 Likes
BoraG
Explorer
Options

Any updates?

0 Likes
tadaz
Journeyman
Options
I had no choice but take it to Samsung. They change the whole motherboard. It works fine now BUT I'm only realising now that with my new motherboard comes Android version 11 ... I'm keep delaying the update, so scared it bugs again
0 Likes
tadaz
Journeyman
Options
I can say if was definitely not Instagram as far as I was concerned. I did a factory reset several times when I had the problem and phone was all bugged again before I installed it back
0 Likes