Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy M32 Non-responsive screen after OneUI 4.1 update

(Topic created on: 22-05-2022 09:10 AM)
smithy7
Explorer
Options
Anyone else had this problem?

After the latest One UI 4.1 update on Android 12 the screen on my phone does not respond to inputs. Screen can be turned on using power button but no swiping inputs respond and screen times out and turns off.

Using power and volume down buttons is only way to get screen to respond after forcing a soft restart.

I happens every morning after phone has not been used for 7-8 hours and happens randomly throughout the day. 

In an emergency having to restart your phone before calling for help can cause loss of life please Samsung look into this as a matter of urgency yes I have sent multiple error reports and logs.
69 REPLIES 69
BoraG
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20220804-094002_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
skyNet18
Journeyman
Options

You have M32 4g,

security patch level is April 1 for me.

So i guess we need to wait for this update to come.. july 1st if it solving the issue for all.

0 Likes
BoraG
Explorer
Options

Yes, this update had solved the issue. Since then the screen has not frozen.

0 Likes
Bharat5
Journeyman
Options

Problem Solveddddd..... :smiling-face: 

Finally, with the New Security Patch Update, I can confirm 100% that it solved the problem for me. No issues since 72 hours. But Guys... I am really scared of Samsung's Updates and I don't think I have any courage left in me to again click on any software update in the future. This was hell, every time restarting the phone in an important meeting, sometimes 6-8 times in a day!! and despite so many requests No response from Samsung for 4 months and don't get me started on the pathetic Samsung Service center - guys with half knowledge just waiting to make the issue more from a 6 to 10 rather than solving it... After a year or so, when I switch to new mobile I would definitely not buy a Samsung product again... I was tempted by the Price, Battery, and Features but I learned the cost of peace of mind is more important. I remember those days when I was so frustrated that I felt like smashing the phone on the ground for peace of mind... Can't go through the same trauma again...

0 Likes
smithy7
Explorer
Options
Solved for me hopefully stays that way
0 Likes
Nancy_Nayeli
Student
Options

In my case, it didn't work. 😢 The screen keeps freezing and I constantly have to restart it. Someone help me please...

photo1661383699.jpeg

0 Likes
skyNet18
Journeyman
Options

This is strange. Same update has fixed issue for me and i think for many. Samsun didn't even reply to my mails or tweets which i posted for same issue and customer care are the dumbest.

Not sure, maybe you have to wait for the next update and hope that this gets fixed in that.

And,

I have changed my phone, never ever gonna buy a samsung product again.

Nancy_Nayeli
Student
Options

That's bad! 😣 It's my first Samsung. I have only been with him for 3 months. I can't buy another, so soon. Yes, I have to wait another update. Thanks for answering me! 

0 Likes
Bee5
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue.

What seems to have worked for me was a system update. After which I held down the volume up and power button whilst phone was off to enter into factory mode. I then cleared the cache then optimised apps. So far, it seems to be running smooth after that.

0 Likes
Nancy_Nayeli
Student
Options

Hello everyone! News about my situation: a week ago my Samsung was updated and now it works perfectly. 🙂

photo1662551566.jpeg

0 Likes