Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i buy the S20+ in US and use it in EU with all its functions?

(Topic created on: 10-01-2020 11:43 AM)
LC9
First Poster
Options

Hi, i'd like to buy the S20+ but i saw that there is a huge difference in processors so i'd like to buy the US version. Can i use it without problems with my EU operator and using all the functions (i saw in a similar topic that samsung pay doesn't work)?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@LC9 wrote:

Hi, i'd like to buy the S20+ but i saw that there is a huge difference in processors so i'd like to buy the US version. Can i use it without problems with my EU operator and using all the functions (i saw in a similar topic that samsung pay doesn't work)?

No, you can't. There are always problems with android updates for devices that had not been manufactured for the region where they try to update.

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

@IreibeX wrote:

@LC9 wrote:

No, you can't. There are always problems with android updates for devices that had not been manufactured for the region where they try to update.

other than rupdate problems, would the device be accepted by EU carriers and provided with a SIM?

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@mitopa wrote:

other than rupdate problems, would the device be accepted by EU carriers and provided with a SIM?

Yes, afaik there's no law against it, the providers don't care, SIM cards will work and you will be able to use mobile data. You might get minor problems with mobile data, though. Which are of course minor only if you don't totally depend on high-speed-mobile-data. Better ask someone who has tried.

0 Likes
erin_koopmans
Student
Options

Hi Hello Where can you buy the US Version 

0 Likes