Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera timer countdown led flash

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 03:26 PM)
teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Hi,
 I was wondering if it would be possible to have the led flash indicate the countdown of the timer as I've noticed it only makes sound during the timer countdown. If this doesn't exist, please add this feature in the next update
Thanks
26 REPLIES 26
AndrewL
Options

@teeheee: Which phone do you have? For clarity, do you want the LED to flash when a timer has completed, or do you want it to flash with each second that goes by? If its the latter then, typically, the LED indicator is at its most effective when the screen is switched off, acting as a visual notification reminder. I'm not sure how it would factor in to the timer countdown with the screen turned on though, as the countdown itself is all the visual cue that you need. 

teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Hello,
I meant flash with each second that goes by, it would be great to have that because for example I was to prop my phone up to take a group photo, I'd know when the timer is about to end.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@teeheee: I'm so sorry. I must admit that I misread your post, and thought you were referring to the Timer in the Clock app. Can you confirm which phone you have, and the current Android version? 

teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Hi, no problem, that was my fault as I forgot to mention in the camera app haha, I have fold 2 with latest software fyi
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@teeheee: Thank you. I have gone ahead and passed this to our Research and Development team, and will let you know their thoughts as and when they get back to me. 

teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Thank you :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Members_bE1D9lE
First Poster
Options

Any news? I'm also missing this option.

AndrewL
Options

@teeheee: The developers say that flash can worsen the image quality and, in addition, repeated LED flashing can be annoying for some users. That's why, for now, the Camera app only supports a timer with sound. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause you. 

teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Hello, thanks for the help, I appreciate it. When I say flash, I don't mean I want it to flash during the moment of capture, I mean like during the timer countdown to indicate each second that passes. It would be nice to have this as a feature as an option that can be turned on or off for those who prefer not to use this feature or for those who would like to use this feature. Thank you