Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup OS 6.0.1

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 07:38 PM)
athegn
First Poster
Options

My wife's old phone, Samsung J5,  is to be replaced. I need to have a current backup of data , apps, etc.

I have checked back up and see auto backup is checked. However the latest backup was in July 2019!!!!

I have left the phone charging and idle for 2 hours but still no backup.

How can I force a backu

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@athegn: Do you have a home computer, PC or Mac, available? If so, I recommend backing up the J5 using Smart Switch, details of which can be found by following the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

It is also possible to transfer data between your old phone and new one using the Smart Switch app.
1. Make sure you have Smart Switch on both devices. On newer devices, you will find it at Settings > Cloud and accounts > Smart Switch . On older ones, you may need to download it from the Play Store.
2. Connect your devices. If you are using Wi-Fi, make sure your devices are close together and that you have a stable internet connection. If you are using USB, simply connect the two phones together using the USB cable that came in the box with your new phone.
3. Open Smart Switch on your new device and tap Start , then follow the onscreen instructions. You will have the option to choose which data you wish to transfer. While it is transferring, you will see a percentage on the screen letting you know how far it is. The time taken will depend on the amount of data and the strength of your connection.
0 Likes
athegn
First Poster
Options

Thank you.

Transfer now taking place.

0 Likes