Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 Keeps restarting ever since latest april1 2024 updates

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
asides1
First Poster
Options
Hi my a53 keeps randomly restarting eversince it updated the latest security patch and overall update.
Seems to be in a reset loop randomly
Tried a soft reset and a cache partition clear still does it.
Safe mode it still does it.
I hard reset to factory settings and it was fine basically all day then when it automatically updated later it now randomly resets again. 
Any suggestions as must be software as this did not happen before updates.
Can anyone help 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
You do realise don't you that when you do a factory reset, the phone still keeps the latest UI update. So your comment about auto updating later on doesn't make sense. You say it keeps restarting in safe mode, so that would rule out any rogue 3rd party apps, etc. You've also done a partition wipe, which hasn't resolved the issue.

So, after you reset the phone, did you install any backups? If so It's possible these didn't transfer correctly, and that's what's causing your issue. If I were you, I'd try a factory reset again, but don't load any backups. Don't install any 3rd party apps or customisations, and just leave the phone as is. Monitor it for 24 hours and see what happens. If the device remains stable after that, then you can start adding apps as you see fit. If not, then log it with Samsung.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Run the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App but if that does not highlight anything then let a Samsung Service Centre have hands on @asides1 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
justarandomperson
Pathfinder
Options
Doesn't happen on a53 5g
0 Likes