Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A54 - apps are super unreliable

(Topic created on: 16-02-2024 07:08 PM)
Members_qzOrScs
First Poster
Options

I bought the "midrange" Samsung Galaxy A54 about a week ago. I've installed all the updates, tried restarting the phone etc. What happens is, the apps dont work properly/in a reliable way: I can receive a message on fb messenger and scroll furthest down in the conversation and won't be able to see the message. Have to press the button to see recent apps and quit the app, restart and then it works and I can see the message. Same for for example Duolingo, several occasions I press the app and it just won't start, just keeps loading. I have to restart the app in the same manner and it instantly works. Also face recognition works *****.

I know this is a midrange phone and not a premium version, but this is not okay. I cant see myself using this phone having to restart the pass several times a day. My Huwaei mate p20 pro from 2018 was way better and more reliable. Wtf?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_qzOrScs  Sometimes there can be conflicts with 3rd party apps and if you have installed many lately an idea  to start in safe Mode, if ok there would pinpoint apps which may be causing a problem.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

However if not the case  or does not make a difference clearing the cache partition is advisable and can help with problematic apps. Temporary cache files are deleted  (some of these can be outmoded or even corrupt) but your Data is intact.  Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.