Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A phone with Secure Folder AND also with Sim1+Sim2+MicroSD

(Topic created on: 04-11-2021 02:35 PM)
Catjones67
Student
Options

Hello, is there anybody who could advise me what Samsung Galaxy models have both this => SIM1+SIM2+Micro SD and also this => Secure Folder?

I recently bought an A12 with the first option (SIM1+SIM2+Micro SD) being convinced that it would have by default the second option inbuilt (Secure Flder). Wrong. It doesn’t have the Secure Folder app and doesn’t have the technical capacity to have it.

Now I want to return the A12 and replace it with another model which must have both options. BUT WHAT MODEL SHOULD I BUY INSTEAD ???

Thanks for an informed advice!

4 REPLIES 4
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I advise looking on GSMArena.com to see Samsung Galaxy Phones that feature a SIM1, SIM2 & MicroSD Card Slot. Then, using the phones listed, type each one at a time into Youtube with the addition of 'secure folder'. You might be able to find what you are looking for. Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I had that on the A71 and from what I've read the A51 and A31 had it also. Not sure what more modern Samsung phones have the Sim1+Sim2+MicroSD setup.
0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
I have the Samsung s20 ultra and its got all the stuff you are looking for I use the special folder as well this is the best phone yet and I have been with Samsung for many years thanks hope that helps
0 Likes
Solution
Catjones67
Student
Options

Thanks, guys. Very helpful indeed.

Truth is that one must hold the phone to check and see. Under dual SIM, some specs mean SIM1+either SIM2 or SD Card, and others mean SIM1+SIM2+SD card, while other specs explicitely mention some say SIM1+SIM2+SD card. So that is not always clear.

At the same time, Secure Folder is never mentioned in the usual online specs.

Another thing is that I would avoid the S20 Ultra as it's too expensive for what I need the phone for (sort of a secondary phone).

Meantime though, a SAMSUNG tech gave this opinion to my question:

We would recommend the Galaxy M32: https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-m/galaxy-m32-black-128gb-sm-m325fzkgeua/. As you can see it lists 'SIM Slot Type. SIM 1 + SIM 2 + MicroSD' under 'Specs'. We also took a look at the user manual, and it does have the Secure Folder: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202106/20210621155223078/SM-M325F_UM_EU_RR_Eng_Rev.1.0....  

So, that's the option I'll use. Thanks again to all of you for taking the time to reply!

0 Likes