Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues after UI 5.1 update

(Topic created on: 21-07-2023 08:22 PM)
lichtie
Journeyman
Options
ever since I've updated to UI 5.1 the WiFi connection hasn't been working properly when using apps. the connection is still solid and the speed is as per usual (when I can get the speed test app to work) but when loading an app I get a loading screen or something similar. an example is on twitter, my timeline takes a long time to refresh and and video/photos don't load up at all. on mobile data 4g/5g everything is working perfectly. has anyone else been experiencing similar issues? 
45 REPLIES 45
Thæylia
Apprentice
Options

It is now July and this update just hit my phone ... No wifi and no hotspot. Has anyone gotten it fixed?? 

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Not as of right now, from what I can tell. @AntS It's happened to someone else on this forum. Any updates? I personally have downgraded to an S9 someone gave me in the meantime, but otherwise, I wouldn't have a Samsung phone if not for that. If this never gets resolved, I'm never buying Samsung again.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

@Thæylia I personally think in using the UI 5-1 update to "make the old phones work like the new phones" they're intentionally pushing the hardware past its capabilities (right after their warranty runs out in many instances), and after seeing the cost to repair it, they figure people will just upgrade like we're all rich. XD I'm in low-income housing. There's no way I have the income to be able to fall for that. I worked my BUTT off to collect the money to be able to afford the S21, and I was happy with it, man.

Thæylia
Apprentice
Options

Sadly, I'm way out of warranty and was dumb by not getting Samsung care ... I have $200 left on paying for my fold. I was going to update and pass my phone to another line on the account but not now. What good is a phone that neither connects to wifi or hotspot? I'm out $2000. I was willingly going to update. I'm guessing since this has been an issue since January, perhaps a class action is going to end up being necessary 🤷🏼

SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

That's exactly what I've been saying in various threads. The update came out 10 DAYS after my warranty ran up. Either way, if the company is CAUSING the defect, as in it wouldn't otherwise be there if not for the update, I still think Samsung is liable. It's not too much different from someone selling you a car and coming by a year later to destroy it, hoping you won't know it was them and come to them for a new car. Just because the process is over the internet doesn't not exclude them from liability. I was just trying to collect the usernames of people that would be interested in joining a class-action lawsuit with me. Can't do a class action alone! Would you join one with me?

Thæylia
Apprentice
Options

Absolutely! 

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Apparently, I accidentally made this account on the UK side. So, I signed into the correct account and made my own report on the issue. Care to comment? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Wifi-not-working-after-UI-5-1-update-wifi-switches-of... 

Thæylia73
First Poster
Options

It's me Thæylia, I got locked out of my original Samsung account, conveniently 🙄 I did take my fold to UBreakIfix and they said each antenna is $89.99. Samsung absolutely will not touch it without warranty or Samsung Care. I purchased a Google Pixel Fold, walking away from the Fold for now. More of us should leave. 🤷🏼

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I just got off of the phone with Samsung Customer Service. They keep trying to route you to the chat feature, but when you call in, when the automated system asks you if there's something else they can help you with, say yes. It'll route you to tech support, provided that's what you tell it your issue is. I explained all of the hassle I was dealing with, all of the troubleshooting I did, that it was Samsung's fault this issue occurred in the first place, and they issued me a one-time courtesy repair service and sent me a shipping label for me to send it to them. Oh and that link won't work anymore, because @SamsungRyder on the US side deleted it as a duplicate because someone else had the same issue, which completely erased the entire conversation I was having with people within that thread. Anyway, if you can get them on the phone, you've got a better shot at having your problem addressed. I wanted my phone repaired by them for free after their screw up, but once that phone isn't working anymore, I'd be hard-pressed to purchase another Samsung product.

0 Likes
Triet Huynh
First Poster
Options

I know it is the problem of UI 5.1. When I restarted phone in unfolded then wifi can work, just open the fold then app broken. Wifi have conflict with fold UI when open the bigger screen. Crazy.

0 Likes