Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues after UI 5.1 update

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 09:29 PM)
lichtie
Journeyman
Options
ever since I've updated to UI 5.1 the WiFi connection hasn't been working properly when using apps. the connection is still solid and the speed is as per usual (when I can get the speed test app to work) but when loading an app I get a loading screen or something similar. an example is on twitter, my timeline takes a long time to refresh and and video/photos don't load up at all. on mobile data 4g/5g everything is working perfectly. has anyone else been experiencing similar issues? 
45 REPLIES 45
TREATS
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here, looking at a bunch if the posts on samsung members thing has posts like these with thousands of views and no answer or suggestions from Samsung.  Their update literally bricked our wifi card how ridiculous is that, I'm gonna call them and see if I can get this repaired for free this is nuts.

No wifi at all it won't turn on after the 5.1.1 update, Hotspot doesn't work either. Definitely feels a lot hotter then ever on the hinge back when I try to even turn on wifi, otherwise Temps are normal. Never dropped this phone never used a phone case so, I'm gonna try calling I guess, I'll post results tomorrow if you have a number to reach then to expedite this it would be helpful.

maz3_boy
Explorer
Options

I took it back to Hong Kong Samsung Service Center and paid 50% off the original quotation of 4200HKD. After the service (yes it fix the WIFI problem) but every time my phone drop down to 3G or 4G it dose not automatically go back to 5G I have to restart the phone (lost for words).

PS, few month earlier I paid for Samsung to install screen protector and when I got the phone back the screen protector was removed from my small screen with out telling me. (bad service).

losing fait in the aftersales service........................................

0 Likes
maz3_boy
Explorer
Options
First Poster
OPTIONS

After a lot of phone calls with samsung and a chat with them in store. They finally repaired the phone for free.

The guy on the phone alluded to the fact that samsung is aware if the issue but the store wouldnt make any such admissions.
0 Likes
TREATS
Apprentice
Options

I got a whole different phone conversation, said they can't do anything because of the phone being out of warranty and I have to pay 600$ out of pocket for the repair, my phone died before i completed the call with them but I'm gonna keep trying this is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
TREATS
Apprentice
Options

They basically said Phone screen replacement to fix the issue, which makes sense but on the phone samsung kept saying it was damage to the phone screen which is incorrect my phone was never damaged or dropped even. 600$ to repair the issue I'm gonna keep contacting them till I figure this out.

0 Likes
TREATS
Apprentice
Options

It also seems like my post about this with moderator comments got deleted and removed, that's a shame what happened there?

0 Likes