Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my downloads?

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 02:57 PM)
HoofHearted
Apprentice
Options
I use a Galaxy S10 and clicked on a friends docx document, which was posted on Facebook, in order to read it.
I was notified it was downloading but then it did not automatically open.
I looked in downloads but could not find the document there either. I tried several more times without any success.
I had a general hunt for it but it was nowhere to be found. To be honest, its not the first time, but this time its a bit important.
Can anyone help me find it please?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@HoofHearted: If you're unsure where the downloaded file is being stored, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to access the notification panel, and click on the 'Download complete' notification to open the file from there. Typically, however, the file should be visible in My Files > Downloads.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Hi, go to my files, then documents.
HoofHearted
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I agree, but did that and its not there.
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@HoofHearted: If you're unsure where the downloaded file is being stored, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to access the notification panel, and click on the 'Download complete' notification to open the file from there. Typically, however, the file should be visible in My Files > Downloads.

HoofHearted
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew and thank you for your time in answering.
As it does not appear on the notification panel, nor is it in downloads, where I would have expected to find it, I can only assume that for some reason the download has failed.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@HoofHearted: Are you using the Facebook app, or accessing the site via a browser app? Any external downloads should show in the notification panel, therefore if this isn't the case then it is possible that the file you're viewing is not being downloaded to your device. 

You may wish to try opening the Samsung Internet app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Settings > Sites and downloads > Save downloaded files to > Device (Device/Download/). Now, head to facebook.com, sign in to your account, and try downloading the file once again. If successful, this should also be visible by tapping the 3 lines in the bottom right > Downloads. 

HoofHearted
Apprentice
Options
I do not use the samsung browser.
I access facebook on their app.
I will try again using the samsung browser.
Thank you
0 Likes