Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find the option of voLTE

(Topic created on: 12-03-2024 09:58 AM)
Nelson_
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I am unable to make or receive calls have moved towards voLTE, however this has caused my handset to be unable to take or make calls, but can receive data and messages. Thus i have tried to search to through the mobile network and it simply isn't there. But due to my research my model of s9 (G960U) should be compatible and have the option of voLTE here.

Screenshot_20240312-205518_Phone.jpg

40 REPLIES 40
KP_76
Voyager
Options
This could be down to your network, does your sim work in a different phone that supports VoLTE? If it does, did you buy your phone from abroad or is it a model from the country you're based on? That could also affect VoLTE support.
0 Likes
keith30
Mastermind
Options
It's down to your network provider, so best check with them.
0 Likes
Nelson_
Journeyman
Options

I have tried the sim on a different phone, and it works completely fine. But I think it was purchased online from an abroad supplier as it didn't come with AU charger.

0 Likes
Nelson_
Journeyman
Options

The network provider TPG who im using has opted for only voLTE and is supported by them.

0 Likes
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I suspect that your phone is region locked and this can cause problems, for example if I use an American Samsung handset I can't get 5g in the UK or Samsung pay.
TechZilla - Samsung Members Star
Nelson_
Journeyman
Options

Then is it possible to un-region lock it, thanks.

TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately not, they can have different network bands for different regions, that's why I wouldn't import a Samsung device because of things like this. How long have you had the phone?
TechZilla - Samsung Members Star
0 Likes
Nelson_
Journeyman
Options

This used to be my brother's phone, he used it for like 2.5 years and I have used it for over 2 years.

0 Likes
HJ_E
Explorer
Options

Many people will have this problem with 3G shutdown in Australia.
If you bought a phone online (Grey Import), chances are its firmware is for a different region.
As in my case, if you have a Telstra SIM and Europe Firmware, then Samsung will not update the software on your phone. This means you are stuck with the firmware version that was on the phone when you bought it.
This is the problem that you have. I had exactly the same as the picture you posted because my firmware was 2018 version, but now, after updating my firmware to 2022, I have “Network mode” that has 4G on it and an additional “VoLTE”- On/Off - item is now available. Also because the new firmware is for Australia, my phone should now do Auto- Update again...
I Have Galaxy S7, so your S9 should also work after firmware upgrade.
Flashing new Firmware is not easy, so let me know if you want to go down this path, then I can give you more information on how to do that…