Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The computer doesn't detect my Samsung S21

(Topic created on: 26-12-2023 06:11 PM)
Andrzej_PL
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung S21. Around this summer, an update arrived that caused my computer to no longer recognize the phone as a USB drive.

As a result, the phone's memory got filled with photos, and I can't transfer them to the computer.

When I connect the USB cable, the phone only starts charging. I've tried 3-4 different cables. I've attempted to reset the cache and data in the USB settings, but it didn't help. I also tried downloading the Samsung Kies program, but it didn't allow data transfer either.

I want to emphasize that I am an advanced computer user.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under developer settings there is an option to configure which default you would like.

Not sure if it will help your cause

For developer options go settings> about phone > software info and keep taping the build number till it says developer mode is enabled
Then go back to settings page it will appear asthe Last option.

Also make sure nothing is changed on your PC1703624119155.jpg

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under developer settings there is an option to configure which default you would like.

Not sure if it will help your cause

For developer options go settings> about phone > software info and keep taping the build number till it says developer mode is enabled
Then go back to settings page it will appear asthe Last option.

Also make sure nothing is changed on your PC1703624119155.jpg
chrismattamy
Pathfinder
Options
Install smartwatch, which will install the latest usb drivers. Also, make sure the phone is unlocked when you connect it.
0 Likes
Andrzej_PL
Apprentice
Options

, thank you, it worked! You've made my day!

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow, to the right of 'Your apps' > Show system apps (toggle this on) > OK > Scroll down, and tap on 'USBSettings' > Storage > Clear cache > Clear data, then restart your device.
Next time you connect to your PC using the USB cable that came packaged with the phone, please try swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, and check the notification panel to see if the connection has been recognised, and tap the notification to explore your available options. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes