Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something rattling in my phone

(Topic created on: 21-12-2021 01:32 AM)
rostek
First Poster
Options

I bought an Samsung S20 FE 4 days ago. While i had my phone charging my cat dropped it down.

I started to verify if my phone is still working, and after i shaked it a bit i realied a part inside my phone is moving.

I want to know if its normal and it was moving since release and if that moving part isnt something borken inside my phone..

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You may find this is the camera lens iin the rear camera module  n your phone's camera as the lens moves.

Launch the camera and that activates the lens then give it a shake to see if it makes a noise. It shouldn't. 

If your still concerned a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can take a look but be aware accidental damage isn't covered under the manufacturing warranty.

I wish you all the best with this situation @rostek 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@rostekInside the Galaxy S20, there is a component that functions as OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) that minimizes shaking when taking pictures with the camera. If this small part is shaken while the camera is not operated, it may hit the internal structure and make a slight rattling sound. This is normal, and shouldn't affect the performance of the device. 

0 Likes