Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Ultra 2nd December Update - The Real Review

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 10:45 PM)
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Who would have expected, so soon and a new second December update! 

Lets review it! 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Okey, so after using it for a full day & night, optimizing my apps and cleared the cache and run Geekbench again, this time far better

photo5933622470932280435.jpg

Occasional UI stutter sadly still appear not matter if Gesture Navigation is used with or without navigation hint or even when gestures nav is disabled and the old school legacy button mode (the way I conceive it) is used - it appears in the first rounds of animations on:

- Drawing the notification curtain/unveiling quick settings

- Aggressive camera opening & camera closing animation where the background is zoomed out/in + blur effect is applied

- When on home screen navigation left to access google feed

- When on home screen holding to enter One UI Home settings

I can not say it`s 100% fixed for me at least (using Exynos 2100)

p.s. My BIN is not so high but still...

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I stopped doing those tests . No point stressing the phone just for numbers.
I am happy with it for gaming and daily use scenarios.
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Yes, thats the ultimate goal, make it a stable daily driver.

I am also very happy with Android 12 and One UI 4. I have been using it since the first beta so its been months now and it only gets better. 

VST007
Pathfinder
Options

@ironass 

As it turns out the BUL6 update was withdrawed so this explains why I got BUL1 - BULC so techhically its the 2nd December Update 😂

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung thinks it counts...

samsung dec releases.png

So must you... as you mention it at the beginning of your video.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

That`s true. The funny part with Sammy`s own changelog is that very often (even for DBT) they would release a new firmware but it wont be included in the changelog, so you have to data scrape different CSCs to find it.

Not sure why they do so but I d guess it`s related to rollout and regions/countries.

0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

@ironassBut let me know your feedback on my proposal are you OK me citing you and linking your original post in future firm updates? I like the way you bring the info in and I review all the stable updates I get and the beta`s of course as soon as I manage to enroll (or sideload :smiling-face:

Samsung are really on fire, I got the Pixel 6 and it only got one "the mega big December" update, and my S21U gets more updates then the stock Google Pixel phone, it`s not unexpected but somehow crazy still.

0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Let us know how you find it after a day or two. Battery performance, SOT (Screen On Time) while using WiFi only and mixed mode (WiFi + Mobile data), UI (user interface) smoothness lags/etc, animation/transitions behavior, connectivity (VoLTE/VoWiFi) and overall performance.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I thought the camera was a bit laggy.
And got a bit warm near the camera the next day.
Seems OK now.
Also gallery resize seem to have a new option although it might have been there before.

Screenshot_20211228-223035_Photo Editor_10664_1640730635.jpg
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

That`s cool, thanks for the feedback! Re the gallery resize I cant remember how it was before that update, but it could be that`s new. The gallery version though is still the same, so probably it was there.

Re the temps - you can install thermal guardian via good guardian - very useful tool - can help you monitor when you have temp spikes and see what actually caused them + also have to option to set thermal tolerance with -/+ some degrees.

It`s a very cool tool.

0 Likes