Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Screen Fragile -- Cracks Way Too Easily

(Topic created on: 09-05-2021 05:27 PM)
mgilpatrick
First Poster
Options

My new Samsung S21's screen is way too fragile. I have had Android smart phones for 12 years, I bought my first one the month they were first released. I have never had a cracked screen before. And my phone is less than 2 months old (I bought it on March 13). I have a screen protector on it and keep it in an Otterbox. This crack started in mid-April  and month after I bought it. The crack was so tiny - less than an 1/8 of and inch - I thought it was a scratch on my screen protector at first.  It took two more weeks for me to realize that the screen had cracked. Now the crack stretches across my screen and my phone is doing weird things like dropping calls.  I should not have to replace the screen an eight-week-old phone. Samsung should do a recall and replace all S21 screens with a stronger screen for free.

46 REPLIES 46
lukesponge
First Poster
Options

This has happened to me twice now. I am very careful with my phone. It is in a Quadlock case with the screen protector on. Both times it has falling off a low weight bench onto the rubber matted floor at the gym, wtf?! The first time I thought it must have been my fault and used the Samsung Care to swap the device. Now, after it happening again, it must be a defective product design. My screen has no cracks or chips yet it is flickering the whole lower half, failing to turn on sometimes, with a row of pixels extra bright across the middle of the screen. Not cool. They need to fix this issue. I have had the phone not even a year and this has happened twice. 

0 Likes
anorkor
Student
Options

I totally agree. I got the phone a week ago and it dropped on the left top corner from a short height and it cracked.  I was shocked. And the phone shops said Samsung is not shipping S21 parts just yet. I would have to do without my phone for days, just to get a screen fixed. It doesn't sound right.

0 Likes
John7286
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear this 😞 I've had mine a year. Decided that the screen issues were unforgivable. Switching to iphone. First iPhone since the 4S for me. You would think Samsung would read these and attempt to salvage soured customer relationships but I guess not.

0 Likes
COR008
First Poster
Options

My Samsung lasted less than one day! Got out the car, hit the floor and screen broke instantly. This happened with the last one but took a few weeks longer to break. The glass sits proud in the latest models which means if they hit the ground - they smash. I personally think companies should be regulated to design responsibly. They have made a product that is weaker; that will end up in landfill quicker. I won't be buying Samsung ever again. They obviously don't give a ***** about the environment or sustainability of their products. 

Folledingue
Explorer
Options

No, they couldn't care less. First and last Samsung for me. I will keep it with its broken glass until it dies and then move to another brand. I hope that Huawei will eventually be allowed to use Google again because these phones are the best. Redistant to shocks (and trust me, mine fell from very high, camera beyond excellence (the very expensive s21ultra is waaay below this level).

0 Likes
Members_GxBOhbb
First Poster
Options

My phone is 3 weeks old and the screen is chipped and has lcd damage. I havent even dropped it! And I've been quoted £250 for repair! It's got to last me another 3 yrs. Any advice?

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Pay the £250 and don't drop your phone next time?

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Buscuit
Apprentice
Options

Mine broke in the first month, all I did was put it in my jeans pocket and it cracked , opposite volume button , I want a refund never had a bust screen in my life .

Folledingue
Explorer
Options

Good luck with that. Samsung doesn't give a toss

0 Likes
Members_s3KCX6B
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I have a protecting glass screen protector on my phone. After 1 month I noticed the cracks on the side, first I thought it was the protecting glass got cracked & realised its the phone itself. I also use a Samsung hard case protector. 

I never had any broken screen issue with my Samsung mobile & I'm a very loyal customer for the last 25 years...

Cost & quality of a product should match....

0 Likes